• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cost of sacking PB is going to be very costly. Not only paying him off. I cannot see PB walking away. He has a great set up here being allowed to combine his media work with the manager job.

There is also the cost of paying compensation employing another manager if he is currently in employment and also he is likely to want to bring in his own back room staff and that would mean paying off some of the current ones.

The cost of sacking PB is going to be very costly. Not only paying him off. I cannot see PB walking away. He has a great set up here being allowed to combine his media work with the manager job.

There is also the cost of paying compensation employing another manager if he is currently in employment and also he is likely to want to bring in his own back room staff and that would mean paying off some of the current ones.

Ron has severe previous for not paying severance or compensation until court action is threatened. IF Brown is dispatched by Ron it could be a very fraught time for the Club financially.

Think the all round cost is likely to wipe out the forthcoming Bentley fee.

Big decision for RM if this form continues and we are near the basement of the table in the forthcoming weeks.

How patient will he be....

Our form over the past few months has been absoulately shocking,only 3 wins in the last 20 games plus 8 defeats on the spin,signals time for change IMO .

Phil understands the managerial sacking code and he has been lucky he is still in this job,time is up.

Maher and Barratt to take over ASAP.

We are getting more and more threads about the same issues so I am creating a "super-thread" for ALL posts about the manager going/staying/replacement and the like.

Please don't start any more threads about the same issues.

What OBL said. Not just yet, I don't believe you should sack a manager after two games of the season, but my patience is starting to wear thin. Sturrock was sacked after losing two home games in a week that on paper we should've won - lose against Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers and that could be curtains for Brown. He's not helping himself with some of the comments he makes either. Fans are fickle and can be won back easily but when you've lost the players it's time to go.

Jesus are you guys for real we have played TWO GAMES get a GRIP.Transfer window is open for another two weeks if he can sign 3 or 4 players to improved the team we will soon start moving up the table..

What OBL said. Not just yet, I don't believe you should sack a manager after two games of the season, but my patience is starting to wear thin. Sturrock was sacked after losing two home games in a week that on paper we should've won - lose against Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers and that could be curtains for Brown. He's not helping himself with some of the comments he makes either. Fans are fickle and can be won back easily but when you've lost the players it's time to go.

I agree. I think it is just a bit premature to start calling for Browns head. Another 44 games to go people and am i right in thinking there is still 2 weeks left of the transfer window?

Still early days, Come On Blues!

Jesus are you guys for real we have played TWO GAMES get a GRIP.Transfer window is open for another two weeks if he can sign 3 or 4 players to improved the team we will soon start moving up the table..
Two games THIS season and how many at the end of last year ? He's spent money going abroad , to " bond" the team , well we don't see much of that right now do we ....... And transfer targets are not rushing to get to our front door are they ... Loans or otherwise...

Fair enough however the EFL Cup game was competitive and meaningful so it is 3 games this season.
The run of losses is NOT inconsequential.
PB would do well to think twice or thrice before he speaks, he seems honest enough but always has an agenda or shifts the issues.
Has the "lost the players"? I think he has lost many of them & the question is can he get them back; I suspect many of them are as confused and frustrated by his tactics and selections as many of us fans. Certainly it is confusung when he makes statements about Ranger being available and then not on the bench where as Mooney IMO wouldn't make the starting line up in 90% of people's team selections.
My prediction is PB will be given until the end of the year come what may.

Yesterday was awful. That was a seriously poor Port Vale side but I couldn't believe our total lack of cohesion and self-belief. The fans turned on the manager, thankfully not the players although there were the usual few blaming Mooney for everything possible from the prices in the tea bar to the Crusades.

Ron has always struck me as a bit of a populist and if the fans start calling for the manager's head I can't see Ron ignoring them. My gut feeling is a poor home performance next week (a defeat Tuesday is a given) and Brown will be out of the door.

I really hope we don't appoint Chris Powell in his place, bloke is a legend but not a great manager, football is fairly negative too and I'm not too keen on more of that after Brown. Cotterill/Jackett would be my choice but I wouldn't be averse to giving Kevin Maher a stint as caretaker while we search for the right man. I am convinced the players are not playing for Brown now, the atmosphere around the club is poisonous but Maher would bring the club together again even if he doesn't have much experience.

We are getting more and more threads about the same issues so I am creating a "super-thread" for ALL posts about the manager going/staying/replacement and the like.

Please don't start any more threads about the same issues.

You even re-opened one I had closed, that's inclusiveness for you!:winking:

Phil also talked about the change in personnel and the problem issue of embedding players into a new team Unit. Port Vale imported 9, I think from abroad, at relatively short notice , seemed to have manage this highly tricky event quite well ( and maybe more cheaply thinking of the budget ) Looking abroad seems beyond our imagination and comprehension, similar to the Conference where over 60 players have been picked up this season by lower league clubs. Gillingham brought in 9, had pre -season disrupted, severe injuries and are top of the table.( 3 on season long loans, recognising bigger squads were needed this year in lieu of loan transfer changes. This says a lot about recruitment, planning, and Management. Confidence should have grown from good pre- season results but is already frazzled, need a dogged effort on Tuesday
Sorry to say it but I dont see Wordsworth and Timlin as making a big difference on return. May add a little depth to the squad. Wordsworth another skilled player going forward but very much a luxury player lurking near opponents goal but Doesnt put in much a shift defensively or demonstrate much energy consistently as well as injury prone. Timlin his leadership and voice could add strength and organisation, but I fear he is also past his best at this current league level?

Not a chance in hell will uncle Ron sack golden boy Brown. Sacking will mean RM having to put his hand in his pocket and pay Brown out... RM would prefer to suffer then pay.

Not a chance in hell will uncle Ron sack golden boy Brown. Sacking will mean RM having to put his hand in his pocket and pay Brown out... RM would prefer to suffer then pay.

Not sure about that.

Ron is highly competitive and will really hate being bottom of the division.

I would say "Watch this space".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back