• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was chatting to Ron once, and he said no club chairman would put themselves in a position where it was difficult or too expensive to sack a manager. Given the amount of managers that are sacked throughout a season there must be an element of truth in it.

When you think about it there are often a dozen or so out of work managers chasing one position. Hardly a good barganing position is it ?

I have remained loyal to PB but he cannot start complaining about who he brings on from the bench on matchday 2. Yes they all moan at situations due to injury and suspension over the course of a 38 week season. But to pretty much come out and say "I have created a squad that is not good enough" on the second weekend and after having around 15 weeks to assemble the squad!? Not great.

I don't want to see him go, but I think it's in our club's best interests that we say goodbye and find someone to try and get us back on track

Let's give Phil more time to sort things out. He's been a poor manager for years, but I'm sure over the next few weeks he'll realise the errors of his ways, and suddenly his tactics will be spot on and we'll go shooting up the league. Or more likely, not.

Last edited:
Players publicly call Brown a ****. Like a petulant child he is changing training schedules with minimal notice, cancelling players private plans almost out of spite. After away losses he buggers off back 'oop Norf and he doesn't inform the players of whether or not they have to report for Sunday training until way past midnight thus ruining the players potential downtime or evenings out which they are entitled to. It's all vicious mind games just like when he publicly slaughters players to deflect the blame.

The ego has imploded, get rid

Is this what you heard OBL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back