• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

So you are now essentially calling this "lefty" a sexist.

Next time you bump into me, lets have this discussion where you can't be a keyboard warrior.

I would say the far post tomorrow but I find the place so full of men it can be a bit much. Perhaps we could book a spa day together.

By the way I had a beer in the company of your son a while back. Seemed a nice young man...Not sure where it gets it from :Cool:

OMG.....melodramatic or what.

So you've defended it's corruptness, it's lack of any meaningful democratic process, it's unending pursuit of total hegemony over other European sovereign states and it's complete lack of accountability to anyone or anything but itself by saying 'well, I'm scared of any kind of alternative and I'm willing to turn a blind eye because it's the least painful solution for me.

That French attitude is rubbing off on you.

Don't really think that's what I've said at all. Where have I defended its 'corruptness etc?' Thought I just pointed out our different points of view. It's you who wishes to enter into degrees of political masochism...............there are therapies for that :Smile:...........now THAT'S being melodramatic!

Yep, and more from the Ramsgate fiasco......
Seaborne's contract was one of three awarded to ease "severe congestion" at Dover, in the case of a no-deal Brexit.

The contingency plans allow for almost 4,000 more lorries a week to come and go from other ports, including Plymouth, Poole, and Portsmouth.

In total the contracts are worth £103m.

"From local knowledge, there is terrific concern that we [Ramsgate Port] can not possibly by ready. There isn't the width or the breadth of the berths that is needed to carry large ships," the councillor said.

"I don't see how, with the state of the harbour and the port and the number of repairs that are needed that it could be ready."

Ms Martin also said there had been no contact with the council about opening the harbour for larger freight ships.

"We didn't have any notification of any this at our council meeting on 6 December. Why not? This is my ward. I have not had a single email from anybody."

"If someone can show me how the due diligence was carried out, if someone can show me evidence on paper I shall feel a lot more comfortable,"

It sounds like Chris Grayling couldn't run a p up in a brewery, and has handed out a £13.8 M contract to a freight company that only exists on paper.
These Ramsgate Councillors that are furious about the incompetence of the ferry plans are of course Tory Councillors.

Highlighting the Ramsgate ferry fiasco is not party political, its an attempt to stop the extraordinary waste of taxpayers money on badly thought out panic measures just so the government can make it look like they are doing something.

It's Tory Councillors with local knowledge saying that this will not work and that Chris Grayling is not working with the local Council to even try to get it to work.

WOW, where did I even mention her failure in the Brexit negotiations. I didn't. Nor did I blame the EU, I didn't even imply it. And I didn't ignore the point. It just wasn't/isn't pertinent to the point I was making.

What I did say and the point I was making is that so many people are so quick to slag off TM, BJ, JRM or anyone else Tory, or indeed anyone else that believes in the Brexit vote, that one of the core reasons we find ourselves where we are now is precisely what so many of those very same people choose to ignore and cannot defend.

Do some research and then then come back and defend the totally immoral, and some would say illegal, planned and systematic EU re: German and French bank and ECB and IMF led, destruction of the already bankrupt Greek economy and it's own banking system.

I don't think anyone, on the left or otherwise, would defend the way Greece was shafted by the troika.Certainly not me.

Meanwhile perhaps you can enlighten us as to how much control you have taken back since the 2016 referendum (nearly 3 years ago now)?

Last edited:
☆Rushes out for popcorn☆

original.gif

I don't think anyone, on the left or otherwise, would defend the way Greece was shafted by the troika.Certainly not me.

Meanwhile perhaps you can enlighten us as to how much control you have taken back since the 2016 referendum (nearly 3 years ago now)?

But by accepting the status quo you are tacitly defending it.

No I can't as we haven't left yet.

But by accepting the status quo you are tacitly defending it.

No I can't as we haven't left yet.

I tend to agree with YV 's analysis that if Greece were serious about coming out of the Euro then they should have embarked on that stategy from the beginning,rather than delaying it until the last minute.

As for the second point,I doubt you (and your fellow Brexiteers) will be taking back control of anything very soon.

1. Veroufakis was wholly and 100% intent on calling the IMF and the Toikas bluff and willing to go with 'Grexit' He even had a perfectly workable debt restructuring program put before Syriza which had been enthusiastically accepted but unfortunately, when push came to shove, those around him lost what little nerve they had and acceded to the threats made by Merkle, Hollande, the IMF and the ECB and took Greece's debt mountain to new heights.

Nothing, absolutely nothing could and would be allowed to put the Euro and the EU in jeopardy. Greece's exit from the EU and the Euro would have seen the whole house of cards collapse overnight.

2. Opinion, nothing more. We'll see.

Last edited:
I presume all interested parties will be viewing Brexit: The Uncivil War, on Channel 4 at 9pm this evening?
I hope its not as harrowing as 'I Daniel Blake' was on Saturday (available on iPlayer). The scene in the food bank was very difficult to watch but overall it is essential watching to get a real grasp of how people slip into situations that the Welfare State was designed to prevent happening.

I hope its not as harrowing as 'I Daniel Blake' was on Saturday (available on iPlayer). The scene in the food bank was very difficult to watch but overall it is essential watching to get a real grasp of how people slip into situations that the Welfare State was designed to prevent happening.

Saw it at the cinema here, shortly after it came out. My wife works Tuesday and Friday afternoon at 'Les Restos de Coeur' (a food bank) in Saint Gaudens. Misery unfortunately exists everywhere.

Recording facility? or iPlayer?

Could go with the other 64 hours of stuff recorded but as yet not got around to watching I suppose but in reality after reading four reviews from four different sources I'm inclined to give it a miss as it seems it's really not my cup of tea.

Music prep/downloading and sorting. Much more stimulating thanks :Winking2:

Back