• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

On a tab on my browser I have a house that we're looking to view in NW England
On another tab I've got a job description open for a role in San Francisco. America may not be politically better but at least the weather is good
What is your obsession with Northern towns? Sheffield, Manchester, Wigan, San Francisco. Arctic Tundra on the cards? Svalbard with the armoured bears?

That should make Corbyn's day...........and is likely to provoke an interesting by-election.

Labour MP Fiona Onasanya found guilty of perverting the course of justice

And the Press Association has snapped the news.

Former Labour whip Fiona Onasanya has been found guilty of perverting the course of justice following an Old Bailey retrial for lying to police to avoid a speeding charge.​

That means a byelection is likely in Peterborough, where Onasanya was elected in 2017 with a majority of just 607 over the Conservatives.

That should make Corbyn's day...........and is likely to provoke an interesting by-election.

Labour MP Fiona Onasanya found guilty of perverting the course of justice

And the Press Association has snapped the news.

Former Labour whip Fiona Onasanya has been found guilty of perverting the course of justice following an Old Bailey retrial for lying to police to avoid a speeding charge.​

That means a byelection is likely in Peterborough, where Onasanya was elected in 2017 with a majority of just 607 over the Conservatives.
Could be a prison sentence.

Will be a prison sentence, perverting is always SERIOUS offence, doubly so by a person in a position of authority. What did Archer get for his lying to justice?
I am sure the Judge will be getting instruction on this.

More seriously, is it just my age or is this gender business or political correctness getting a bit ridiculous. Would it be assumed equally offensive is May had been alleged to have called Corbyn a 'stupid man?'

More seriously, is it just my age or is this gender business or political correctness getting a bit ridiculous. Would it be assumed equally offensive is May had been alleged to have called Corbyn a 'stupid man?'
It's irrelevant, no one cares really its just a distraction. Anything to get to Christmas recess without have to make any decisions.

Will be a prison sentence, perverting is always SERIOUS offence, doubly so by a person in a position of authority. What did Archer get for his lying to justice?
I am sure the Judge will be getting instruction on this.
Archer's case was different as his lies were effectively harmful to someone else. There was a LibDem MP and his wife (names escape me) - she took his driving offence and she did time, think he did too.

Tories being up in arms that they think Corbyn mouthed 'stupid woman' - I'm curious if it is common knowledge that 2 Tory MPs who were on long term suspensions for alleged sex offences were allowed to return to the fold on the day that Theresa May had her internal no confidence vote. Is that news to anyone?

Tories being up in arms that they think Corbyn mouthed 'stupid woman' - I'm curious if it is common knowledge that 2 Tory MPs who were on long term suspensions for alleged sex offences were allowed to return to the fold on the day that Theresa May had her internal no confidence vote. Is that news to anyone?

Yes, I'd read about that with suitable disgust but no great surprise. I don't think it made the front page of the Sun, Mail or Express but to be fair it was reported in the Telegraph.

Back