• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would say "wow" for .......

a) a good quality player from the league above coming to Southend

or

b) a promising player from this league that wants to leave a club that might be a promotion contender this season.

I would say "wow" for .......

a) a good quality player from the league above coming to Southend

or

b) a promising player from this league that wants to leave a club that might be a promotion contender this season.

Can only be a) really - how many people are going to know of promising players in the lower leagues realistically?

I'd say its going to be an older well known player, not playing a lot at his club, someone Phils managed before.

Any player at the club could have given their ex colleague or friend PB's number. Knowing that we don't mind signing older players, how about Rickie Lambert or Bobby Zamora?

For a wow factor it needs to be someone we all know who will make us go wow.

Given the Bolton comment do we have any ex players there who would make us go wow if we signed them???? A French centre back for example
William Oliver Walters ! Who does he play for?

Brown could have the names/phone no's of lots of players, not just ones he has played for. Could be someone we have bid for before. Suggests it is someone under contract who perhaps is not wanted by his current manager.

Back