• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It wont be Jack- he may struggle for game time and may even go out on loan to a Championship side but he wont be "trying to get out' of his club.

Given who we have been signing qualifying for a 'wow' is a bigger bar than it used to be- so I am excited again..

BTW re CB and pace- I think if you a good enough to play regularly at Prem or Championship level you have as much pace as you need. Not sure Thommo was fast? At CB its more about reading the game and you are better of who does that extremely well than someone 'fast' he doesn't. Actually I think the thing we lacked last year at CB was height and Turner certainly fixes that.

True - we won this league with Barrett and Prior at centre-half. I would love to see a promising young defender in there competing with White, Ferdinand & Turner though.

Chris Phillips‏ @CJPhillips1982 8m minutes ago

Brown: "I’ve been text by another player. He’s trying to get out of his club and if it happens I think the whole place will say wow."

Could be anyone...

more to the point, which players have Phil's number?

ps surely it's texted!

It wont be Jack- he may struggle for game time and may even go out on loan to a Championship side but he wont be "trying to get out' of his club.

Given who we have been signing qualifying for a 'wow' is a bigger bar than it used to be- so I am excited again..

BTW re CB and pace- I think if you a good enough to play regularly at Prem or Championship level you have as much pace as you need. Not sure Thommo was fast? At CB its more about reading the game and you are better of who does that extremely well than someone 'fast' he doesn't. Actually I think the thing we lacked last year at CB was height and Turner certainly fixes that.

I agree, people overestimate the importance of pace for centre-backs. John Terry is arguably one of the greatest centre-backs of all time and has never been blessed with great pace. If your reading of the game and positioning are good it doesn't matter. Most centre-backs aren't particularly quick - if they were they'd probably be strikers.

And yes, we lacked a tall centre-back who's a threat at the other end last season. Can't recall us scoring many goals from set-pieces.

True - we won this league with Barrett and Prior at centre-half. I would love to see a promising young defender in there competing with White, Ferdinand & Turner though.

I don't remember any goals conceded from last season where lack of pace was the problem. Height yes but not pace.

I don't disagree. Pace is great to recover and can get defenders out of trouble but you want defenders whose reading of the game and positioning don't get them into those situations.

Brown: "I’ve been text by another player. He’s trying to get out of his club and if it happens I think the whole place will say wow."

Could be anyone...

.....Michael Kightly? :sad:

Putting 2+2 and getting 285,912,942...

Bolton have not paid some of their players and the likes of Jay Spearing are leaving because they've had enough and actually they want to offer reduced contracts (I am not suggesting it is Jay Spearing..)

Could it be a Bolton player who isn't being paid or has had enough of the circus?

The wording makes out it isn't a free agent and the Wow factor is really throwing me, would suggest at minimum a good Championship player surely?

Could be anyone...

Maybe they just got the wrong number ;-)

Won't be Reeves as he not under contract so wouldn't exactly need to try to get out of his club. A very shrewd guess from a pal was Jay Simpson.. he might not like it in the US maybe and wants to come back this would certainly be a wow not in the sense as an amazing player but after the last ordeal.

For a wow factor it needs to be someone we all know who will make us go wow.

Given the Bolton comment do we have any ex players there who would make us go wow if we signed them???? A French centre back for example

Given the Bolton comment do we have any ex players there who would make us go wow if we signed them???? A French centre back for example

That would be awesome. Can't see it myself though. If that were to happen I'll be straight down the bookies

"On 9 June 2017 the club confirmed that Dervite had signed a new one year contract with the option of an extension." :'(

Won't be Reeves as he not under contract so wouldn't exactly need to try to get out of his club. A very shrewd guess from a pal was Jay Simpson.. he might not like it in the US maybe and wants to come back this would certainly be a wow not in the sense as an amazing player but after the last ordeal.

That could be a good shout.

Putting 2+2 and getting 285,912,942...

Bolton have not paid some of their players and the likes of Jay Spearing are leaving because they've had enough and actually they want to offer reduced contracts (I am not suggesting it is Jay Spearing..)

Could it be a Bolton player who isn't being paid or has had enough of the circus?

The wording makes out it isn't a free agent and the Wow factor is really throwing me, would suggest at minimum a good Championship player surely?

Really? They just got promoted, what on earth is going on there?

Back