• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I understand the wow name is dean marney. Unsettled at Burnley and best mates with kightley. Average age of side and wage bill would both soar!

I understand the wow name is Dean Marney. Unsettled at Burnley and best mates with Kightly. Average age of side and wage bill would both soar!

I believe Marney is a Londoner and wears a coat covered with buttons when not playing football so a move to the south may suit him. He is apparently quite good at playing the spoons as well so that helps.

I understand the wow name is dean marney. Unsettled at Burnley and best mates with kightley. Average age of side and wage bill would both soar!

Bit like Southampton under Lawrie McNenemy , when ever he signed an old player he would say that he had brought a class player .

He's 33 and has had two cruciate knee ligament injuries in the last two years. No thanks.

He was practically ever-present for Burnley in the Premier League last year with 21 appearances before his injury in January. If he is fit then he's a class above this level.

He was practically ever-present for Burnley in the Premier League last year with 21 appearances before his injury in January. If he is fit then he's a class above this level.

He certainly is a first choice when fit, from Barking played for Hull 06 to 09? As speculation goes it makes sense- really depends what he would want. Can't think we can put the boat out again like we have for Kightly- but if he will accept a sensible wage to finish with us and near home it would be mighty difficult for PB to resist. An awful lot of Burnley's play goes thru him- he is what we need style wise, one of those midfielders that make tings tick.

Yes another 33 year old raises questions- but we also have plenty of youngster around in MF and if we want them to develop quickly playing with top pros probably contributes significant.

Probably not him but the suggestion is an 8/10

He certainly is a first choice when fit, from Barking played for Hull 06 to 09? As speculation goes it makes sense- really depends what he would want. Can't think we can put the boat out again like we have for Kightly- but if he will accept a sensible wage to finish with us and near home it would be mighty difficult for PB to resist. An awful lot of Burnley's play goes thru him- he is what we need style wise, one of those midfielders that make tings tick.

Yes another 33 year old raises questions- but we also have plenty of youngster around in MF and if we want them to develop quickly playing with top pros probably contributes significant.

I believe he's out injured until October, so would be a very risky signing

Top of the morning to yer. Tirty tree is no age at all so fair play to him. Can he not share the boat with Kightly and go sailing together, so it is.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas has been linked to us. Would he count as a "wow" signing?

http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/what-next-qprs-former-arsenal-13246371

JET makes a bit more sense to me than Marney does.

I know he totally demolished us twice last season, but if Gillingham fans are to be believed then they were probably the only times he had good games. When you look at the number of clubs he has been to on loan, you have to ask why none of them have taken him permanently. I would really hope that he is not a 'wow' contender.

I know he totally demolished us twice last season, but if Gillingham fans are to be believed then they were probably the only times he had good games. When you look at the number of clubs he has been to on loan, you have to ask why none of them have taken him permanently. I would really hope that he is not a 'wow' contender.
Based on those two games alone he should have been playing Premier League football...

Shame his attitude stinks... maybe he'd be better in a better side? He was influential at Bristol City when they gained promotion a few years back?

Not convinced about Marney, considering we already have Anton and Turner both 30plus, a WOW signing at CB would be someone like Curtis Nelson

Seriously though, how can we afford Marney's salary?

Back