• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Bishop's Stortford 0 - 2 Southend United, Saturday 20th July

Decent game, deserved the win. BS started well and missed a sitter. They only created chances form the odd mistake we made. Walker looks an upgrade on Powell, strong upper body strength and looked tidy with the ball at his feet. Morton also impressed after he came on. We should have scored at least 4 or 5 but all in all it was a decent showing. Started with Ralph at LWB and he got forward well with Bridge having a more roaming role. Back three of Crowther, Gubbins and Kensdale give us good height at the back.

Was this a 2-0 win ? Anyone what the game was like as stortford are pretty poor given they got relegated and have there budget reduced by 70%, still a clean sheet and win in pre season is OK at this stage, just expected a big win and a bigger crowd as didn't look alot inside given the pictures.

So basically we need 5 or 6 of these vans on matchday and the cash can come rolling in

On a serious note thou.

Yes. Spot on.

On a match day I will spend my money in an external chip shop etc…
I will not spend my money inside the ground as the food imo, is extremely poor quality,
I work to hard to pay for siht food.

But. If Rootshall had this particular food bar of equal quality,

Then yes I would spend my money there, and possibly more.

Come on, it’s not rocket science.

Was this a 2-0 win ? Anyone what the game was like as stortford are pretty poor given they got relegated and have there budget reduced by 70%, still a clean sheet and win in pre season is OK at this stage, just expected a big win and a bigger crowd as didn't look alot inside given the pictures.
Yes it was a 2-0 win.

See trialist B still here, 3rd game and presumably training with us. So there’s likely interest on both sides or he would be off elsewhere…

Always difficult to judge players on friendlies and probably what happens in training and off the pitch had a bearing which we don’t see..

On a serious note thou.

Yes. Spot on.

On a match day I will spend my money in an external chip shop etc…
I will not spend my money inside the ground as the food imo, is extremely poor quality,
I work to hard to pay for siht food.

But. If Rootshall had this particular food bar of equal quality,

Then yes I would spend my money there, and possibly more.

Come on, it’s not rocket science.
The food was great I have to say and very good value. One of the first things I hope COSU look at.

Also had a very enjoyable few drinks in town, after the match. Nice pre season friendly that one.

Last edited:
So basically we need 5 or 6 of these vans on matchday and the cash can come rolling in
That would dilute the money too much for them. The food trucks that come will want to make as much as they can and not have it split 6 ways or they’d do other things. Festivals/events want their cake and to eat it, wanting a pitch fee and % of revenue these days. For me a simple revenue split is fair. Fans win, clubs win and food trucks win. Then it’s down to food trucks to manage their margins and the club gets their big cut for providing space, trust and the clientele.

Bishops Stortford were out of their depth last season. Not helped by having to play in the Conference North.

Think we still look a little short of something. Hopefully that’s just match practice and this was a step closer.

First twenty minutes all our best moments came through Coker but once Morton came on we looked better and he was the standout for player.

Early on Crowther had a header looping into the keepers hands and Gus, getting into a central position, putting it wide after Coker’s cut back. The next time they combined for the goal with Gus forcing it home after Crowther cleverly looped it back into the danger area.

After Ralph went off - presumably precautionary - Morton made an immediate impact threading in Walker who was nudged and the ref awarded a spot kick. Walker - on spot kick duties despite Bridge playing - took it well finding the corner.

Second half was disrupted by subs. I felt sorry for Waldron who had little service and a rotating cast around him. Wood had a couple of chances - usually carved out by Morton - but delayed shooting too long.

Beau MacDonald had his best showing for us and I thought Shobowale looked much better than he did at Wakering.
At last. A summary on the team, trialists and young players rather than how nice the chips were!

That would dilute the money too much for them. The food trucks that come will want to make as much as they can and not have it split 6 ways or they’d do other things. Festivals/events want their cake and to eat it, wanting a pitch fee and % of revenue these days. For me a simple revenue split is fair. Fans win, clubs win and food trucks win. Then it’s down to food trucks to manage their margins and the club gets their big cut for providing space, trust and the clientele.
I would be very surprised if we didn’t invest in our own trucks/stalls- why let someone else make the money- given our gates and the relatively modest investment? They are mobile so can be positioned outside East, West and North

Back