• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Barnet 2-1 Southend United

John Stills little black book probably needs a serious review.
What’s happened since last season’s high press?
Not attack minded enough.
Cricko rightly wonders what Waldron, Morton and Wood bring to the team. Add Mooney, Powell and possibly Fonguck and you seriously have to wonder if John Still is as smart as people say he is.

He is suffering from a complete lack of confidence at the moment. It isn't so much that his header went wide - it wouldn't have gone into a second net.
IMO he may be suffering from confidence but he is as weak as a lettuce against the opposition and has zero dynamism about him. I feel maybe the step up from a lower part time division just does not suit him. Probably a lovely guy but this league is tough and takes no prisoners.

Cricko rightly wonders what Waldron, Morton and Wood bring to the team. Add Mooney, Powell and possibly Fonguck and you seriously have to wonder if John Still is as smart as people say he is.
Are we forgetting how many people Still suggests that we never get?

****e.

Barnet far superior and knocked it about well. Chasing shadows for long periods.

Toothless in attack as per. Attacking signings needed.
Would imagine Kev was pleased with it overall. Lot of sideways, absolutely bossed the possession stats and that’s what counts. Dont want to shoot or try anything fancy and give the ball away. Remember, safety first!!!

Great numbers as usual and you could see the team were visibly lifted as they came out of the tunnel. However, for the first time in ages, not many remained to clap them off at the end, and I hope that message hits home.

I’m not sure if the takeover has subconsciously taken away our edge/hunger, but Barnet had more desire today. They were sharper, while we lacked dynamism, movement (and leaders) I cannot recall us winning one second ball.

I’m off to find a little bloke and have a fight.

Our first meaningful defeat since February (Rochdale scored with virtually the last kick of the season when we knew our play off chances had gone) and cue SZ meltdown. 😜
Was the manner of it. Just highlights how far our squad is off it. Teams with good squad depth now are going to be at the top. Barnet showed it today, York showed it. Quality replacements off the bench to make a difference.

Apart from Moncur our subs came on and made us worse :(

Brandon Goodship mark 2
Oh, please God, no! Not that!
But he's going to have to get a whole heap better.
That chance on Tuesday? There was nothing apart from the initial deft touch suggesting he would score.
As a striker he should have borne down on goal and hammered it.
BUT, he was caught in two minds, wasn't he?
That sort of moment is all about natural instinct, and I don't think he has it.

Trying not too look too much into today. Let's take stock after all summer business is complete and we are ten games in. Fully agree however currently we are way off it

Oh, please God, no! Not that!
But he's going to have to get a whole heap better.
That chance on Tuesday? There was nothing apart from the initial deft touch suggesting he would score.
As a striker he should have borne down on goal and hammered it.
BUT, he was caught in two minds, wasn't he?
That sort of moment is all about natural instinct, and I don't think he has it.
His all round play Tuesday was poor no matter how much Kev tries to convince us otherwise. Poor touch, too weak and hasn’t got a sort of striker instinct at the moment.

Back