• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Alleged Racism at Woking game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t here what was said. But I definitely saw the white player hear the comment turn around and say that’s racist to the fan in the stand. The black player clearly hadn’t heard the comment as he then said to the other player what did he say to me or words to that effect.

As you say it’s important not to speculate but also important to have things in context.
Ok, so you saw the white player react?
If it was racist, note 'if, I guess it doesn't matter whether it was black, white or purple who heard it.
The comment doesn't dilute because the black player got wind of it after. Right?

I didn’t here what was said. But I definitely saw the white player hear the comment turn around and say that’s racist to the fan in the stand. The black player clearly hadn’t heard the comment as he then said to the other player what did he say to me or words to that effect.

As you say it’s important not to speculate but also important to have things in context.

I can also back this up. The white player was the one that reacted and said “no, no, no, I’m not having that.” The black player in question didn’t actually react originally. In fact he then continued to have far less of a reaction than his team mate in the melee that followed.

Do tell me what is more condescending than: 'but are still used by the elderly, as they don't know they are now inappropriate'?
'Mind you don't spill your soup, love, and wrap up warm before you go off to that Roots Hall...'
Sorry, it was the second most condescending. “Not trying to keep up with what old sayings mean nowadays. That’s a shame”. That wins.

So I was in the front row where it kicked off and the Woking no 6 clearly directed the word c##ts towards the Southend fans.

As its a sexually expletive word derived to describe a female body part can it not be claimed he was using inappropriate sexist language??

That's how far accusations are going now just to screw over your opposite....

Certainly if racism was used and meant, its unacceptable, though I'm not convinced what was said was meant in that way as much as the example I've given. However, what is disappointing is that the thuggish behaviour of the Woking players has been completely overlooked. They started the brawl, had a number of aggressors including the manager, and only got a couple of yellows for it which is a disgrace. No further action taken I doubt by the FA ....
We'll have to wait and see.
Woking players have far from covered themselves in glory, but I'm not sure that lessens any racist slur.
BTW, there were SIX yellow Woking cards, which is not a pun on their nickname.
Correct me if wrong, but I think they face a charge for that alone.

So I was in the front row where it kicked off and the Woking no 6 clearly directed the word c##ts towards the Southend fans.

As its a sexually expletive word derived to describe a female body part can it not be claimed he was using inappropriate sexist language??

That's how far accusations are going now just to screw over your opposite....

Certainly if racism was used and meant, its unacceptable, though I'm not convinced what was said was meant in that way as much as the example I've given. However, what is disappointing is that the thuggish behaviour of the Woking players has been completely overlooked. They started the brawl, had a number of aggressors including the manager, and only got a couple of yellows for it which is a disgrace. No further action taken I doubt by the FA ....

Certainly not. Any blame laid at Woking FC must be overlooked if someone was offended by said comment. Then common sense goes out the window of course. Someone was offended for christ sake……and when that happens they are no longer to be held accountable 😂 it’s just wrong
‘Get back in your cage’ to a group of black AND white players scrapping our players and fans…..it’s all a nothing and look what it creates ! 🤣

Sorry, it was the second most condescending. “Not trying to keep up with what old sayings mean nowadays. That’s a shame”. That wins.
I think this is in his top 3 condescending comments...'Mind you don't spill your soup, love, and wrap up warm before you go off to that Roots Hall...

Discussion and reasoned debate are the life blood of SZ. Some of the comments being swopped at the moment on here are a very long way away from that. Time for a deep breath perhaps?

Ok, so you saw the white player react?
If it was racist, note 'if, I guess it doesn't matter whether it was black, white or purple who heard it.
The comment doesn't dilute because the black player got wind of it after. Right?
Not at all. But I think it’s important to distinguish that it was already being treated as alleged racism before the black player had even heard what was said. If it was meant in a racist way it’s not on but I just thought it was an important point.

Not at all. But I think it’s important to distinguish that it was already being treated as alleged racism before the black player had even heard what was said. If it was meant in a racist way it’s not on but I just thought it was an important point.
Hmm...
It WAS alleged racism before the black player heard it.
The timing doesn't matter if indeed it was said.
We'll have to wait and see.

I can also back this up. The white player was the one that reacted and said “no, no, no, I’m not having that.” The black player in question didn’t actually react originally. In fact he then continued to have far less of a reaction than his team mate in the melee that followed.
The player who reacted was the same little **** that snatched the ball for the throw in which obviously started all the trouble.

RHB, Can we have a poll....1. I think the guy was intentionally being racist. 2. I think the guy did not mean it in a racial way.
Forgive me!
But how the hell anyone not within earshot of the comment can have a view on this is impossible.
If you want a poll on whether 'get back in your cage' directed at any black person is racist, that would be illuminating.

The club need to take a look at Liams video on here as well. At least one if not two Woking players tried to get at our fans. Certain the league should take action against them for this. Separate from the alleged racism but certainly a catalyst to what happened after the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back