• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Alan McCormack Signs

If rumours going round are true could be the release of Kyps. But they’re just rumours.
Real shame. He looked a good prospect before his injuries and a genuinely good guy. He would often stand and talk with some of us fans when he sat in East Black.

Should toughen up the midfield, just need to find the right player to go along side him now?

If he’s going to be the anchor, then he’ll need a creative ying to his yang. We have that already in Phillips, Hutchinson or Gard.

If he’s going to be the anchor, then he’ll need a creative ying to his yang. We have that already that in Phillips, Hutchinson or Gard.
He seems pretty creative in a Kevin Maher style role now, but someone to push forwards like Gard or Hutch could work (though I still have my concerns of Hutch in a central two).

watched him in the play offs for Northampton - looked fit & put himself about - just what we need - well happy with this signing

Have to say I'm impressed with MM's recruiting so far. Not afraid to go for the older experienced player when it fits our needs.......initial loan deal until January sounds a really good arrangement. Looking forward to seeing who the last two will be

I’d forgotten about that. Still, you can’t blame them too much. Who amoung us would carry on turning up for a shift at their place of work, if they hadn’t been paid for months?
I don't make any snap judgment on that at all, but it is something that could easily happen again (him not getting paid that is). Just providing a bit of balance.

Reactions: GBJ
You can't fault them identifying the type of players we need. I think it's a good signing, I've said in numerous posts (many others have too) that we need some grit in there desperately

Back