• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I expect Hamer to command far in excess of what we are willing to pay, certainly more than Oxley. Hasn't played below Championship level since winning L1 in 2012 and has made Premier League appearances this season.

Why are people keen to sign up players from Barnet and Borient?, both teams have massively underperformed this season in leagues below ours, how is this 'better than what we have' ?
I'm sure CP and his team will have their sights set a little higher.

Why are people keen to sign up players from Barnet and Borient?, both teams have massively underperformed this season in leagues below ours, how is this 'better than what we have' ?
I'm sure CP and his team will have their sights set a little higher.

I think it's because of CP that supporters, myself included feel we don't need to look above for players with the experience that are on their way down, which is what PB relied on quite heavily later on in his tenure. Instead there's perhaps a genuine chance CP signing players who're hungry and ready to prove themselves.

Double deal get him and Akinde in!

I've been crying out for us to try and sign Akinde for over Two years, but as I said before this month, he is nowhere near the same player since his bad injury at the start of the season. Barnet fans saying he's lost a large amount of his pace and only scoring about 1 in 5 games now.

OMG Sean clohessy has just signed for concord rangers for next season, bit of a step down eh:omg:

Why are people keen to sign up players from Barnet and Borient? Both teams have massively underperformed this season in leagues below ours. How is this 'better than what we have'?
I'm sure C.P. and his team will have their sights set a little higher.

Not saying I agree with the other posters but you can be a good player in a poor team ........ putting that player into a decent team (hopefully us next season) could lead to the club tapping into the player's true potential.

OMG Sean clohessy has just signed for concord rangers for next season, bit of a step down eh:omg:

We still need Sean for SUEPA, if you go along, please get him interested! He was a really nice bloke and a great RB for us, probably getting on in age now.

I’d be keen to see the likes of;
[h=2][/h]Mohamed Eisa (Cheltenham) - 23 goals this season;
Christian Doidge (Forest Green) - 21 goals
Kristian Dennis (Cheltenham) - 19 goals

Eisa (6ft) and Doidge (6’2) are 23 and 25 respectively, Dennis is 28 and 5’11.

Dennis is a prolific goalscorer, and the other 2 look useful.

Doidge would surely be a good buy, as he does the business in a struggling side, have seen him play a couple of times and I’d say he’d be a good partner for Cox?

C&P. There's a bit of chat here about MacAuley Bonne.

I guess you guys didn't rate him too highly?

Other decent keepers on expiring contracts:

Ben Alnwick
Dean Gerken (born in Rochford)
Ben Hamer (played under Powell at Charlton)
Luke Steele

Sam Walker, Colchester keeper is fairly decent, has not signed a new contract.

I expect Hamer to command far in excess of what we are willing to pay, certainly more than Oxley. Hasn't played below Championship level since winning L1 in 2012 and has made Premier League appearances this season.

He's out of contract at the end of the season though, and no.1 shirts are not easy to come by. If he gets on well with CP then he may fancy a longer term deal with us to give him some security.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-goalkeeper-ben-hamer-1487054

C&P. There's a bit of chat here about MacAuley Bonne.

I guess you guys didn't rate him too highly?

He was with us quite a while and always looked a natural goalscorer, but was never really given much chance to shine. He didn't suit our one man up front style so often got played out wide the rare times he got a game. He needs to play with a big man alongside of him and he will happily find the positions to take the chances. He asked to leave us for a chance of more first team football, he went to Orient on a free but I gather we have quite a sell on fee percentage waiting if he leaves them.

I really like the style of Tyrone Marsh the Macclesfield lad. Comes from Bedford, and did turn out for Ebbsfeet, and though he has been around a bit at lower levels he looks as though he has come of age. 24, strong and it appears he is no footballing shmuck. I think he has a future in the game at a higher level than he currently plays.

Of course there is the small matter of his court case but he seems to be perfect to replace Ranger.

SCP really doent need a scouting network , he only has to read the threads here,money saved on scouts ,more to use on signings lol:smile:.Seriously though i wonder if he does read any of the threads,he may pick up some useful info on some prospects from you people .

He was with us quite a while and always looked a natural goalscorer, but was never really given much chance to shine. He didn't suit our one man up front style so often got played out wide the rare times he got a game. He needs to play with a big man alongside of him and he will happily find the positions to take the chances. He asked to leave us for a chance of more first team football, he went to Orient on a free but I gather we have quite a sell on fee percentage waiting if he leaves them.

Many thanks, C&P.

Sounds like he might be a good signing for the right club. His goalscoring record at Colchester wasn't great, but as you say, above, it didn't suit his style of play at times.

Players with goalscoring instincts and being in the right place at the right time seem less these days, so anyone with those attributes should do well at most levels.

Back