• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

The climate change denier as Environment secretary. ****ing hell........ #omnishambles.

Don't be too dismayed, Defra sec's an impossible job. It already has one of the smallest budgets in Whitehall and a substantial amount of it is pledged towards flood defences. Trying to find wiggle room in that budget is nigh on impossible given the political nightmare involved with cutting flood defences, and that call will come.

Plus, as public Brexiteer in Chief he's going to have to spend much of the next two years telling a lot of angry farmers that they're getting the square root of **** all when their EU farming subsidies are withdrawn. That'll be fun.

Oh, and his first job will be to defend the government over its indefensibly poor air quality plan.

He's on a hiding to nothing.

Don't be too dismayed, Defra sec's an impossible job. It already has one of the smallest budgets in Whitehall and a substantial amount of it is pledged towards flood defences. Trying to find wiggle room in that budget is nigh on impossible given the political nightmare involved with cutting flood defences, and that call will come.

Plus, as public Brexiteer in Chief he's going to have to spend much of the next two years telling a lot of angry farmers that they're getting the square root of **** all when their EU farming subsidies are withdrawn. That'll be fun.

Oh, and his first job will be to defend the government over its indefensibly poor air quality plan.

He's on a hiding to nothing.
he will have fun explaining to the farmers that their EU subsidies will be ending

Is it troubling when people you are friends with on Facebook indicate why they voted Tory? Me, me, me and me and **** the rest of you.

If these friends of yours voted red or blue for the reason of "Me, me, me and ****" etc I suggest you vet your friends.
Many people I do count as friends voted Tory as they believe May would be better than JC; AND that Labour will destroy what ever is left of the UK economy. Their opinions.

Bit worrying that those charged with negotiating a good deal with the EU insist that you shouldn't show your hand, yet they announced they had cut a deal with the DUP, only for the DUP to announce it was still under discussion. Talk about looking desperate - and these are the people negotiating with the EU.

sorry you we're talking about a replacement for May (I was still thinking on Cooper) - does anyone fit that description?

Pretty sure he wouldn't do it, but I was thinking of Hague. Someone with gravitas, an accent and skilled with speaking.

Is it troubling when people you are friends with on Facebook indicate why they voted Tory? Me, me, me and me and **** the rest of you.

I've plenty of Tory friends, and I've not seen anyone do that.

Pretty sure he wouldn't do it, but I was thinking of Hague. Someone with gravitas, an accent and skilled with speaking.

I've plenty of Tory friends, and I've not seen anyone do that.
Hague has experience and probably less divisive that the other options so if the Tories intend on sticking around he is probably not a bad option for the country but if the young vote is the new battleground I can't see him inspiring the enthusiasm needed to inspire potential new Tories

but if the young vote is the new battleground I can't see him inspiring the enthusiasm needed to inspire potential new Tories

Disagree.

cringe-hague_2661220k.jpg

Back