• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Augustyn seems just as likely.
I see that Goodwillie has just been released by Aberdeen, maybe that is who Brown could have been looking at, think he would be a cracking signing for this level, whether he would join is another question. I wouldn't think he would be on a massive wage up their though.

I see that Goodwillie has just been released by Aberdeen, maybe that is who Brown could have been looking at, think he would be a cracking signing for this level, whether he would join is another question. I wouldn't think he would be on a massive wage up their though.

I think he's been out on loan somewhere, so i doubt he was playing when PB went up last week.
Just hope we don't get a load of Goodwillie jokes now :stunned:

Seeing as Brown was at the Aberdeen game, he may have been watching another Brown, Scott Brown in goal. Ex-Cheltenham goalkeeper, been released by the Scottish side.

Notice Burton have released Shane Cansdell-Sherriff, despite him making 31 appearances this season. Might be a bit old at 33 but surely he is exactly the kind of player we need.

I'd like to see Sokolik given at least a chance to impress in pre-season.

Well you would imagine his agent would at least make contact- Egan was probably always the better of the two and the move to Yeovil turned out to be a poor one (remember his agent was prominent advising him to play at the highest level he could..)

No thank you - yes, he was good 3 years ago, but he couldn't even hold a place down in a struggling League Two side and we really need to be aiming higher than that!!

Sokolik is a bit of an enigma. His first period with us, paired with Egan, was formidable. His brief return was not so clever. I don't believe you become a bad player if you have talent, but sometimes playing in a poor side makes you a bit less effective. I genuinely think that he has the potential for FL1 and I would give him another look pre-season.

I'd like to see Sokolik given at least a chance to impress in pre-season.

Same, was absolutely outstanding in his first loan spell, and if we could get him back to that we'd have an exceptional player on our hands.

His second spell wasn't too good, and injury cut it short, but I get the feeling he needs to play regularly to get back to his previous levels. A good, full, injury free pre-season and we could be in business with him.

When Ron gets his war chest we need to prioritise hunting down quick footed, vertically challenged rejects! One small bloke from Ireland was repeatedly rejected by Scouts as being too small, another was actually assessed as likely to be dwarf sized and rejected by scouts. However for the latter one club came in and actually agreed to pay for growth hormones and signed him up. The two are of course Best and Messi

So the fun has started, 5 clubs in our league making their first captures , either on frees or undisclosed. No doubt my expectations will be too high in terms of who we can bring in, but really hoping we can bring in at least two quality signings earlyish.
I see Bob Shaw is listed as Head of recruitment rather than Chief Scout, I dont know if that means the role has changed much. From looking back Bob Shaw has served the club for many years in scouting and recruiting. He must have built up considerable experience, but the club does not seem very forthcoming on how our recruiting/scouting system works. I assume we dont have 700 working for us as reported Seville do?
Anyone know the actual set up?

So the fun has started, 5 clubs in our league making their first captures , either on frees or undisclosed. No doubt my expectations will be too high in terms of who we can bring in, but really hoping we can bring in at least two quality signings earlyish.
I see Bob Shaw is listed as Head of recruitment rather than Chief Scout, I dont know if that means the role has changed much. From looking back Bob Shaw has served the club for many years in scouting and recruiting. He must have built up considerable experience, but the club does not seem very forthcoming on how our recruiting/scouting system works. I assume we dont have 700 working for us as reported Seville do?

We have Brian Horton, things will be conducted at The Roslin...

Same, was absolutely outstanding in his first loan spell, and if we could get him back to that we'd have an exceptional player on our hands.

His second spell wasn't too good, and injury cut it short, but I get the feeling he needs to play regularly to get back to his previous levels. A good, full, injury free pre-season and we could be in business with him.

Agreed. It certainly wouldn't hurt to have a look. But wasn't his spell here with sturrock and not Brown.?

I spoke to Bob briefly a couple of years ago.At the time there was just him, Coughlan who watched a few local games and a young lad who did it for free that Bob sent around places and just paid travelling expenses. Not really much of a scouting network but didn’t really expect any more at a league 2 club.

Back