• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My wish list if I was to submit one would be:

Marvin Sordell
Leon Barnett
Theo Robinson
Alex Gilbey
Billy Knott
John Egan
AJ Letch Smith

All players who contracts are up at the end of the season, and all have been playing in league one so wages shouldn't be massive.

Ovviously you wouldn't sign all of the above but I'd be happy with 2 or 3 of them, along with giving deegan and Moussa new deals. Bring in a couple of wide men on loan.

Brad Inman looks a decent prospect, he's still young at 24, and although he is listed as a central midfielder he has played as a winger this season for Crewe, scoring 10 goals and finished as their top scorer.

He is also out of contract (well in June anyway).

He came through the Newcastle Academy ranks & has represented Scotland at U19 & U21 levels, and because of his duel nationality, he was named yesterday to be included in the Australia squad for the upcoming friendly game against England in a fortnight.

I have no idea what wage he would command, but purely on the basis Crewe could afford him, I would imagine he would hopefully be within our budget also.

Just saw Niall Canavan is also available, plenty of defenders out there!

Edit: And David Edgar, though probably a bit pricey for us in wages.

Last edited:
Wouldn't be surprised to see us go for Jonathan Forte. Brown is a fan and tried to sign him for us when Forte was with Saints I believe. Plus he was excellent at Roots Hall last month for Oldham. Another one with a history of fitness, injury problems though and only made 6 appearance this season.

Seem to remember PB was somewhat unimpressed with his attitude- basically was happier to stay at Southampton not playing to keep picking up the pay check then make a move, play and get less. But the sort of thing that could be put to one side- is he out of contract?

Seem to remember PB was somewhat unimpressed with his attitude- basically was happier to stay at Southampton not playing to keep picking up the pay check then make a move, play and get less. But the sort of thing that could be put to one side- is he out of contract?

He's out of contract but Oldham have made him an offer to stay.

Glen Morris anyone as back up keeper? released by Gills alongside pacey midfielder Mc Glashen. Morris was in brilliant form and unlucky to be replaced by Nelson earlier in the season at the Gills who has held his place

Neil Kilkenny and Brad Inman? Yes please. Inman got selected for Australia as well to face some mob we beat 13 years ago. :Worthy:

Neil Kilkenny and Brad Inman? Yes please. Inman got selected for Australia as well to face some mob we beat 13 years ago. :Worthy:

Unsurprisingly do I detect a slight Australian bias to your choices? :winking:

Whilst I agree that Inman would be a terrific signing, as I suggested in a previous post. However I do think Kilkenny's best years are behind him, his never really been a goalscorer for a midfielder & the last thing we need is another 30+ year old player on high wages spending most of the season with a sick-note.

I'm not sure we do. The kid will get better the more he plays. If we're not having him next season he needs to be farmed out to someone else. Sitting on our bench is going him no good.

We need a goalkeeper who is capable of being number one. I'm not convinced yet that Ted Smith is ready so Brown needs to get a good keeper in over the summer, have a look at both of them over pre-season and decide who he starts the season with. We should be aiming higher than Glen Morris to be honest.

i think rather than picking names we should be looking at positions. therefore we need (need, not would like)

a keeper

one or two centre backs - ideally one very good one with Thompson alongside, Barrett as back up and bring Matzuaka through

possibly a cover left back coz there's no emergency loan

a wide right, maybe two

one big lump of a target man, someone pacy who works hard and chips in with ten goals

that to me completes our squad as

keepers Smith + TBC
RB White and O'Neill
CB Thompson and Barrett
LB Coker

RW Worrall ?
Centre mid Leonard, Timlin, Atkinson, Deegan
LM McLaughlin and Bridge

attacking midfield Wordsworth

up front Mooney

Brown watching Aberdeen v Harts later for a target. Church?

Interesting. Church hasn't really had a decent season since 09-10 with Reading in the Championship, but I'd still love to get him in. Has played at a higher level and would bring a lot of experience. Still only 27 so will have his best years ahead of him. Slight gamble but would be a decent addition.

Back