• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Really does sounds like we made 100% effort to get Novak in and hopefully he recognises this and joins but I still think he will go Charlton, money talks... but tbf I reckon we are offering some fairly good money for him for even to be still be talking to us..Pompey have already had a no from him and imagine a few others too.

you snooze, you lose...

next!

PB has previously indicated that we were needing only one CM and that Knott was on the radar if Moussa did not sign. He was not the preferred target and maybe not the preferred back up either. I strongly suspect Moussa will sign- I hope so he is a better player (when fit..thought I'd say it first..).

There's a journo on Twitter who has said in the last couple of days that us and port vale are in talks with Loza and that Ipswich might make a bid for Coker. Same person tweeted Wozza had completed the deal to Millwal the day before it was announced.

Just because someone says they are a journalist on twitter doesnt make them one.

Try googling "Jonathan Kimbabu" and see how many articles this so called journalist has had published. We knew about Worrall going to millwall weeks ago.

He is just another "agent jim" as is that other one that keeps mentioning us "transfercentre9" .

None of them are genuine sources.

Lots of news on players we don't want signing for clubs- but nothing on those we do actually want it seems
Novak.... D'oh, Charlton, Clark :unsure:, Moussa :unsure:, Knott another D'oh, Gillingham . Also nothing on Noel Hunt's situation- haven't seen him linked else where and what about Barnett?
I look down the list of transfer in L1 so far and in all honesty there aren't very many I would get excited about..

That would've been a good quartet to sign up.....:thumbsup: closely followed by a big lump of a CB and an experienced keeper....job done...summer shopping complete :happy:

The search starts over .....again

That would've been a good quartet to sign up.....:thumbsup: closely followed by a big lump of a CB and an experienced keeper....job done...summer shopping complete :happy:

The search starts over .....again

We don't know who else we have been talking to- however it will be nice when we have at least a couple on board- the best players will have a few clubs after them

We are struggling to get our prime targets. Why is that? Is it that we are not attractive enough to these players or is it just down to finances? Or are we aiming to sign to higher quality of player?

Heard Oriient have signed Liam Kelly the Oldham captain. Central midfielder. Good player. He was under contract and they have obviously paid a fair fee for him.
They have made numerous good signings. Going to have a good side this season.
Shame we haven't signed our targets yet....

We are struggling to get our prime targets. Why is that? Is it that we are not attractive enough to these players or is it just down to finances? Or are we aiming to sign to higher quality of player?

Shoot me down in flames if I am wrong but I don't think that any poster on here knows who "our prime targets" are. It's guesswork supported by the odd comment from someone like Brown or a mention in The Evening Echo.

Shoot me down in flames if I am wrong but I don't think that any poster on here knows who "our prime targets" are. It's guesswork supported by the odd comment from someone like Brown or a mention in The Evening Echo.
I agree up to a point, however PB publicly said he wanted to all his business early. We have failed to sign anyone even though again it was reported we spoke to players a number of games before the season had even finished.

Thatclearly shows we have failed to sign our prime targets. Novak appears to be the next one.....

I agree up to a point, however PB publicly said he wanted to all his business early. We have failed to sign anyone even though again it was reported we spoke to players a number of games before the season had even finished.

Thatclearly shows we have failed to sign our prime targets. Novak appears to be the next one.....

That shows that we have failed to sign anyone.

We could still sign our prime targets later.

The sides signing players early are going to be making them very good offers they feel will be the best on the table. Since we aren't loaded, the calibre of player we will be looking at will take their time and wait to see what other offers are on the table.

Back