• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook šŸ‘Øā€šŸ³

Transfer news
The reason why agents look to get meaningful fees from clubs is that players (particularly in the lower leagues) can afford a fraction of what a club can afford- especially if there is competition between clubs for their signature.
Maybe but it doesn't change the fact that when an agent is acting on behalf of a player, the player should pay him.

No, the deal was nothing to do with Wes tracking or not tracking back.

Kev wanted Wes in the squad, but on a different deal. He wants a creative midfielder, with a higher G/A output than Wes. Not sure what type of midfielder Mussa is however.

Wes was the type of player that needed ā€œcoachingā€ from the sidelines, whereas others donā€™t. Donā€™t think Kev shouting at someone means he dislikes him or doesnā€™t rate him.
Different opinions your not telling me Iā€™m not telling you itā€™s my opinion.. Wes unfortunately didnā€™t cut it for me

So Tshimanga played in a Peterborough u18/u21 side against St Ives of Southern League Premier Division Central. St. Ives won 1-0..

A proper u21 (minus the children) play Norwich u21 tomorrow- be interesting if he gets picked for the big gameā€¦hope he can contain his excitement

Maybe but it doesn't change the fact that when an agent is acting on behalf of a player, the player should pay him.
They do but often there is no transfer fee, no signing on fee, and in the lower leagues not a lot in the way of wages. So fees from clubs are important.

They do but often there is no transfer fee, no signing on fee, and in the lower leagues not a lot in the way of wages. So fees from clubs are important.
If that's the case maybe the players shouldn't have agents they can't afford to pay

If that's the case maybe the players shouldn't have agents they can't afford to pay
Some donā€™t- Coxy didnā€™t have an agent. Negotiated his own deals.

Reality is agents will make money both ends if they can unless someone decides thatā€™s verboten- and that isnā€™t happening any time soon.

Here we go (finally)

This list as always is based on rumours circulating on here and the socials. Updated at regular intervals.

šŸ¤ Joe Gubbins: CB: Free Agent. 2 year contract. Free transfer.

šŸ¤ Josh Walker: ST: Burton. 2 year contract. Undisclosed fee.

šŸŸ¢ Kabongo Tshimanga: ST: Peterborough. šŸ”„ šŸ—£ļø

šŸŸ  Finley Barbrook: CM: Ipswich.

šŸ”“ Josh Anifowose: CM: Free Agent.

Feel free to PM me with any rumoured targets that can be included on the list.

Key:

šŸŸ¢ - Likely target

šŸŸ  - Possible target

šŸ”“ - Unlikely target

šŸ”„ - Gaining momentum

šŸ—£ļø - In talks

šŸ¤ - Done deal

Iā€™m not even sure Iā€™d have Josh Anifowose on here anymore unfortunately.

However, there is a name of a lad who had an excellent season last season, and is tearing up his teams pre-season this time around. Has scored 7 goals, and isnā€™t a striker. A name that excites us, but things arenā€™t far advanced with him.

Iā€™m not even sure Iā€™d have Josh Anifowose on here anymore unfortunately.

However, there is a name of a lad who had an excellent season last season, and is tearing up his teams pre-season this time around. Has scored 7 goals, and isnā€™t a striker. A name that excites us, but things arenā€™t far advanced with him.
Ooh.. you see this is the sort of snippet that keeps us goingā€¦.

Iā€™ve heard Kev at away games on his back for 90 minutes on more than 1 occasion my opinion would differ to yours but hey itā€™s all about opinions yes?

@Kwright1988 But that is what some players need and react to - a continuous kick up the back side. You obviously never witnessed the Barry Fry School of Motivational Speaking. He regularly and continually verbally abused players during training sessions at Boots & Laces. A very young Simon Royce was told how 'good' he was in no uncertain terms on more than one occasion when I was there!

It is a complete guess but given we will likely be parting with hefty wages for Tshimanga, I wonder if they're leaving it as late as possible to do the deal to save money. We may have reached an agreement with Posh that he signs in August.

Back