• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer News and Gossip Transfer Rumours Thread 2024/25 - Time to Cook 👨‍🍳

Transfer news
I dont believe that to be true. It was reported at the time that the player agent got offered more by Dagenham and we had done everything we could from our side. IIRC I dont believe Ron was the reason even though that is who people will naturally blame. Remember in fairness to Ron he tended to always support the managers when he could with who they wanted to sign. Probably the only bit of fairness we can give him to an extent.

If RM was blamed for something, that’s because 95% of the time he was to be blamed because he was at fault.

Mussa would have been a Southend United player first time around had RM not got involved, that is 100% the case.

If RM was blamed for something, that’s because 95% of the time he was to be blamed because he was at fault.

Mussa would have been a Southend United player first time around had RM not got involved, that is 100% the case.
That was the consensus amongst the people worth listening to at the time. Deal was done, pics taken then suddenly Ron moved the goalposts…(somehow sounds familiar…)

That was the consensus amongst the people worth listening to at the time. Deal was done, pics taken then suddenly Ron moved the goalposts…(somehow sounds familiar…)

And that is, in a nutshell, what happened. I was one of those that stated it at the time.

I was mocked because people didn’t believe he’d have pictures taken without officially signing, and @SeldomSeenShrimper posted the picture the other day which backed up what I was saying at the time.

I’ve heard Kev at away games on his back for 90 minutes on more than 1 occasion my opinion would differ to yours but hey it’s all about opinions yes?

My opinion is from speaking to Kev, and those close to the deal that was offered. That’s why your opinion differs from mine…

Kev did want Wes, but his contract offer reflected the role he envisaged Wes having this season.
But if we had signed mussa first time round we probably wouldn’t have ended up with Wes I’d be happy if we signed mussa gotta trust Maher and co judgment on him

My opinion is from speaking to Kev, and those close to the deal that was offered. That’s why your opinion differs from mine…
Ok that’s fine and mines when Wes never tracked back (most of the time) Kev went mental ! Hence why they probably offered him less money

Ok that’s fine and mines when Wes never tracked back (most of the time) Kev went mental ! Hence why they probably offered him less money

No, the deal was nothing to do with Wes tracking or not tracking back.

Kev wanted Wes in the squad, but on a different deal. He wants a creative midfielder, with a higher G/A output than Wes. Not sure what type of midfielder Mussa is however.

Wes was the type of player that needed “coaching” from the sidelines, whereas others don’t. Don’t think Kev shouting at someone means he dislikes him or doesn’t rate him.

All I know is when he was at Weymouth he was one of the best central midfielders I see that season when we played them
This.

Don’t know why it hasn’t worked at Daggers but he’s as talented as I’ve seen at this level.

Sometimes it just doesn’t work for a player at a club. Maybe they play too direct, maybe he needs better players alongside him in order to shine as lesser players can’t read his passes. Maybe he got too full of himself and needed humbling by being released.

I’d give Luke Guttridge as an example of someone whose career was going nowhere when we signed him but he went from L2 reserves to a key player in a L1 title winning season.

Not every one will work out but I’d roll the dice on him for sure. That type of ability on the ball doesn’t show up in the NL often.

Would rather we kept Wes if this is going to be his replacement.
We don't know circumstances, and id imagine we also wouldn't have offered Wes first team football which he might've wanted. If he's being signed on a cheap wage as a bench filler (for now) then I have no problem with it.

Was this one of those occasions where Ron refused to pay the agent's fees? If that is the case I do have some sympathy because he's the player's agent, so the player should pay him.

Somehow football has got itself into a situation where players expect the club to pay a fee that the player himself should be paying.

Was this one of those occasions where Ron refused to pay the agent's fees? If that is the case I do have some sympathy because he's the player's agent, so the player should pay him.

Somehow football has got itself into a situation where players expect the club to pay a fee that the player himself should be paying.
The reason why agents look to get meaningful fees from clubs is that players (particularly in the lower leagues) can afford a fraction of what a club can afford- especially if there is competition between clubs for their signature.

Think it was over either the sell-on fee or a release clause.

Back