• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

65 in X block left by looks of it.

Surely they will open the corner?
Don't think they can. The fact that Col U will be bringing around 1500 means they'll need the use of the facilities and exit in the corner.

Sounds now like we have about 250 tickets left so I would guess that means we have sold about 1250, less than I thought. To be honest there is not a lot being said about the game on the Col U official forum there is far more interest on here, but there again after the season we have had it is not really surprising I suppose.

Indeed not really surprising that Col Ewe fans aren't as excited as we are, although anything could happen tomorrow and I'm certainly going to be as nervous as any other match against you lot.

Overall though I can't remember a home derby match selling out at this level, certainly in the last few years. LDV Area Final possibly an exception although that was for a cup final. For our last home win against you, August Bank Holiday 2005, just 7,300 people attended...

Indeed not really surprising that Col Ewe fans aren't as excited as we are, although anything could happen tomorrow and I'm certainly going to be as nervous as any other match against you lot.

Overall though I can't remember a home derby match selling out at this level, certainly in the last few years. LDV Area Final possibly an exception although that was for a cup final. For our last home win against you, August Bank Holiday 2005, just 7,300 people attended...

Lots of hype going on about this one, I think a lot of your fans will think they just have to turn up to win which is dangerous. I do think you will beat us because we are in a disorganised state at present but we do have players who can hurt any team on their day, it is a pity Sordell is injured because I think his pace would have been a real threat. Chris Porter is very slow by comparison but has other qualities that may be handy on the day.

Lots of hype going on about this one, I think a lot of your fans will think they just have to turn up to win which is dangerous. I do think you will beat us because we are in a disorganised state at present but we do have players who can hurt any team on their day, it is a pity Sordell is injured because I think his pace would have been a real threat. Chris Porter is very slow by comparison but has other qualities that may be handy on the day.

I certainly don't think that. But I do believe an early goal from us would crush your confidence . Also the more to you attack is best for us as we are a counter attacking side.

I certainly don't think that. But I do believe an early goal from us would crush your confidence . Also the more to you attack is best for us as we are a counter attacking side.

Correct, confidence is what we are short of, the new manager is doing his best to turn this around but only a few wins will really be the answer.

Correct, confidence is what we are short of, the new manager is doing his best to turn this around but only a few wins will really be the answer.

For what it's worth I'm dreading the game. The thought of losing to u guys doesn't bare thinking about. I actually think u play some decent stuff and I was honest enough to say that we got lucky on Boxing Day, very lucky. The likes of Massey and Moncur are very good players. I certainly think we will need to do more than just turn up. As for u bringing less than 1400, that's disappointing, regardless of league position it's still a local derby!

Latest ticket shout:

South Stand

Upper: 879 sold, 55 available.
Lower: 1012 sold, 125 available.
West Stand

Family: 874 sold, 17 available.
STUVW: 2691 sold, 1 available.
X: 567 sold, 63 available.

the advertised capacity of Roots Hall is 12,392

If Chris's clever programme is accurate (and I have no reason to believe it is not) then there are 8765 seats available for home fans. That means that the capacity of the north bank = 3627. Is that correct or are we missing something?

If Chris's clever programme is accurate (and I have no reason to believe it is not) then there are 8765 seats available for home fans. That means that the capacity of the north bank = 3627. Is that correct or are we missing something?

I'm not sure he has added all seats in the East Stand like the Blue seats, Corporate boxes and Directors Box.

The capacity of the North Bank with the 2 corner blocks is about 2,300.

For what it's worth I'm dreading the game. The thought of losing to u guys doesn't bare thinking about. I actually think u play some decent stuff and I was honest enough to say that we got lucky on Boxing Day, very lucky. The likes of Massey and Moncur are very good players. I certainly think we will need to do more than just turn up. As for u bringing less than 1400, that's disappointing, regardless of league position it's still a local derby!

Massey has been below his best recently but Moncur is pretty on song and another great young talent Alex Gilbey is back to his best and attracting a lot of attention. We have Garvan back now who is a very good player, we always look a better side when he is playing.

Massey has been below his best recently but Moncur is pretty on song and another great young talent Alex Gilbey is back to his best and attracting a lot of attention. We have Garvan back now who is a very good player, we always look a better side when he is playing.

Well lets be honest, cant be that much better can it

Last 2 home crowds v Colchester were 10,552 in 2007 and 10,239 in 2009. The LDV area final home crowd was 9,603.

Lowest ever League crowds between us were 2,190 at home in 1985 and 1,915 away in 1986.

Last 2 home crowds v Colchester were 10,552 in 2007 and 10,239 in 2009. The LDV area final home crowd was 9,603.

Lowest ever League crowds between us were 2,190 at home in 1985 and 1,915 away in 1986.

Blimey, I know the mid-80s were dark days for us, but I don't remember them being as bad as that! Those crowd numbers are inconceivable now and it's important to recognise how far the club has come in the last 30 years.

Blimey, I know the mid-80s were dark days for us, but I don't remember them being as bad as that! Those crowd numbers are inconceivable now and it's important to recognise how far the club has come in the last 30 years.

Wasn't just us getting low crowds in the mid 80's it was everyone. In 1984/5 The League 2 (Div 4) Average for all clubs was only 2,500 and the Prem (Div 1) average was only 18,800.

The worst ever season overall was 1986/7 when 8,190 on average attended games over the 4 Divisions. Its something like 15,000 now. Mind you still not as good as 1949/50 the average was 22,318 even the average crowd in Div 3 South that season was over 15,000

Anyway a bit off topic, how many tickets left for Saturday now:smile:

As Shrimpergarry said pretty much, it counts the East blocks ABCDE, South Upper/Lower, and all of the West - doesn't include the directors box, or any 'non-standard' tickets such as hospitality etc.

Back