• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you support a Phoenix Club?

Would you be interested in supporting a Phoenix Club

• Yes

Votes: 179 50.6%
  • No

Votes: 175 49.4%

• Total voters
If the current SUFC was no more, who would you then support or would your love of football cease? I think the majority would support a phoenix club. Has anyone thought about a merger with an existing club? In a Dagenham and Redbridge or Solihull moors type thing. Southend Manor United for example?
Why should Southend Manor have to merge as any club, they will lose their identity as a club, the one thing many moan on here ,when other clubs merge or move

I would never support a Phoenix club, especially if run by fans, they can hardly agree on here let alone a business model, which is what the new club will be
If death of the club, I will have happy stories to bore the grandkids when they ask who do I support

Why should Southend Manor have to merge as any club, they will lose their identity as a club, the one thing many moan on here ,when other clubs merge or move

I would never support a Phoenix club, especially if run by fans, they can hardly agree on here let alone a business model, which is what the new club will be
If death of the club, I will have happy stories to bore the grandkids when they ask who do I support
As said, throwing ideas out.. they were first club that came to mind

Looking at the votes, it’s almost like Brexit with 52% yes and 47% say no, show how really split the SUFC support camps are.

We voted out… NOW BACK TO POLSKA YOU!!
😜 love you really 💙
😂 I won’t be going back to Poland as some of my family’s have moved to Suffolk area 😜

Shame I cannot bring Legia 💚❤️🤍 with me to Essex instead 😂

Seriously, all I want is to have an flicker of hope that we come through as I am sure TL/RM & the directors is not sitting on their backside and doing nothing.

Not for me no. Would go to occasional games but that would be it.

Love the club (though some of those behind the scenes make me “not like” them anymore now) but in no way would it be anything like the same anymore.

Been thinking about this, although I don’t believe it’ll come to this, and a little torn.

Initially, I was a massive NO. Southend United are MY team. The Club I’ve supported for years, the Club I’ll bring my son to watch, and child number 2 when baby arrives. I’ve made friends through the Club, I’ve made friends at the Club.

Personally, I don’t believe I’ll find that connection with any Club. If SUFC go under, and there wasn’t any Phoenix Club, I wouldn’t be bothered about football too much, I’d just be a casual follower. Heybridge Swifts is literally a 2 minute walk from my house if I needed a football “fix”.

A Phoenix Club wouldn’t play at Roots Hall, wouldn’t have the players and coaching staff we have now (although I could see a JD sticking around to manage it potentially), wouldn’t really hold anything of significance to Southend United other than some sort of name involving Southend I’d assume.

The level a Phoenix Club would start wouldn’t bother me. Whether we start at the bottom, or come in where we are now, or got put into the Premier League. That wouldn’t sway my support at all.

As I said, I don’t think it’ll come to this, but if it does, I honestly don’t know whether I’d be there to enjoy/endure the ride.

I’d probably be more of a keen follower of a side my son, and or second child when here, followed than anything else. I’d look to take them where they wanted and enjoy it without being bothered about winning and losing, just spending quality time with my children.

Found this on twitter.

Anyone have any details?

Who are "We"?
Who would run it?
Who is behind it?
Who is funding it?
Are members of all supporters groups involved?
Is anyone going to consult the fan base?

1676232509896.png

One post and one post only because I don't visit here anymore.

"We" are the various supporters club reps. I've just done the initial paperwork because I know how to do it. And it stops anyone outside of the supporters trying to do it. (ie Martin family member)

If we need to be a going concern, the first action is an General Meeting of fans where a properly constituted board would be set up. That would need to be in very early March. I've absolutely no intention of being involved after that.

Your SZ reps will have all the information so suggest anything else is directed at them.

Probably on the questions I asked.

Apologies thought that would be clear from me you know, asking several questions.
You want the fans consulted on who are we? And if all supporters groups are involved?

Sorry not clear, at least to me, what you want fans consulted on?

One post and one post only because I don't visit here anymore.

"We" are the various supporters club reps. I've just done the initial paperwork because I know how to do it. And it stops anyone outside of the supporters trying to do it. (ie Martin family member)

If we need to be a going concern, the first action is an General Meeting of fans where a properly constituted board would be set up. That would need to be in very early March. I've absolutely no intention of being involved after that.

Your SZ reps will have all the information so suggest anything else is directed at them.

Thanks for posting.

You want the fans consulted on who are we? And if all supporters groups are involved?

Sorry not clear, at least to me, what you want fans consulted on?

Respectfully, unless you are the person who tweeted, and we have established from the post above that you are not, my questions won't be clear to you as you haven't got a phoenix club ready to go.

Not sure who this "Lord Football" is but tweet comes across as a bit arrogant. Haven't a clue who he is or who he represents. The club is not dead (yet) any talk of a Phoenix club should surely only be made if the club enters administration and no buyer can be found.
Also what gives him or any particular fan group that he may represent the right to say his Phoenix club is the one us fans should follow.
If the worst were to happen it's likely that a couple of Phoenix clubs will be set up each claiming that they are the legitimate heir to SUFC (as per Bury).
I may follow one but only if was under full supporter ownership (not restricted to an individual or a group that may be currently aligned to the club).

Not sure who this "Lord Football" is but tweet comes across as a bit arrogant. Haven't a clue who he is or who he represents. The club is not dead (yet) any talk of a Phoenix club should surely only be made if the club enters administration and no buyer can be found.
Also what gives him or any particular fan group that he may represent the right to say his Phoenix club is the one us fans should follow.
If the worst were to happen it's likely that a couple of Phoenix clubs will be set up each claiming that they are the legitimate heir to SUFC (as per Bury).
I may follow one but only if was under full supporter ownership (not restricted to an individual or a group that may be currently aligned to the club).
You have to start talk of a phoenix club now to ensure that, should the worst come to the worst, we're not missing next season. It is vital to get it so that if needed it's ready. Bury has one phoenix club I seem to recall but two factions. One who tried to work with Dale to keep the club alive after going bust. And the other being a fan that accepted the grim reality and started from scratch

Back