• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters
Clearly NOT buying into the club can have serious consequences, although the impact minimalised by Ron in the past when it suited and now apparently vital to pay staff and lift the embargo
Quite a few people are sick of Rons lies and deception as no doubt you are. Some of them have opted not to buy the season card early. Clearly an effective protest to some extent, that has brought out the awful, recent blackmailing type letters
However many of them have said they will purchase by the game.
This may prove actually more costly for them but apparently potentially bring in more money, albeit late. This is not a problem of our making and one we were recently assured wouldnt happen as the £5m rolled in and dealt with everything,
Some of us coughed up a very large sum , years ago, when we were told the club was in serious trouble and might fold, You get reluctant to do it again after seeing years of mismanagement
I think we have to remember the distinction between not buying early and buying later
However my guess is that despite around 65% on here voting NOT TO renew EARLY, I suspect that in the end around 30% may not buy season cards at all?
Its one tiny way of not being so oppressed by the arch snake oil salesman, Theres only so many times you can cry wolf before enough is enough
All views need to be respected, from buying now, delaying, only buying for away games, or not turning up at all until Ron is off the scene
It's a judgement call @Barry.C, some will feel the Club needs the supporters money to help it survive until Ron departs, others reckon when Ron goes they will return. I'm in the former club now and I just hope there is still a club left after Ron goes, to come back to.

On the prices charged for season tickets, not sure this has been mentioned, apologies if it has, but not every club at this level has an academy of our level to fund on top of the other functions of a football club. We have lost the EFL funding this season, so to me it was pretty obvious the season ticket rise would be higher than normal, just for that added reason. If you consider the youngsters we have and are producing l would still say ours are not too steep, but that's just me. And sponsorship won't cover all the academy costs l would wager.

Last edited:
Very strange point of view. He is trying to get out. Just waiting for a buyer. So holding onto your money won't change that. As others have said, it just makes things worse regarding staff being paid, and bills etc. I would understand it if he said he wasn't going anywhere.
I admire your optimism but after listening to his interview what exactly is he selling?

As far as I can tell it's a NL club with debts everywhere you turn and being offered with no ground so effectively minimal (if any) assets 🤔 good luck with finding a buyer for the mess we are in but 🤞 they are out there.

The timing of his statement was superbly executed just when there was a rebellion by the trust on renewing season tickets 🤦 he is a master of spin and would have made a brilliant politician in a different life 😂

Last year's season ticket revenue went where? No accounts to view so who knows and it didn't stop more winding up petitions from HMRC a few months later and a transfer embargo that's lasted 7 months and counting 🤬

Not the first time the Club has had an early bird window. The big difference this time, the Club has said why.

We are certainly not the only Club offering an early bird window and I would imagine for exactly the same reason as us.

Not the first time the Club has had an early bird window. The big difference this time, the Club has said why.

We are certainly not the only Club offering an early bird window and I would imagine for exactly the same reason as us.

We’ve offered an “early bird window” for as long as I can remember. It’s always been an “incentive” to buy early to save a bit of money.

This season is no different.

I obviously see it differently. The club is more likely to sell if it has less debts, and is not losing so much each month. Players are more likely to leave because of the wages issues. The embargo needs to be lifted. Agents are owed money. Academy players have refused to play when owed money. Staff are owed money. Roots Hall and Boots&Laces training needs money just to operate each month. I can't see how cutting off some much needed cashflow makes the club more sellable. It does the opposite, and will probably mean our players agents will be advising them to get away from here ASAP. This could be our best players. Making the club a much less desirable purchase, and riddled with debt all over the place.

As previously stated and conclusively proven from past evidence that when Ron is given cash it isn't used in the best way for the Club. There's no knowing where or how money will be used. You cannot guarantee your season ticket money is going towards any of the things you've mentioned above. Do you not agree with that?

No way am I going to fund the deceitful R.Martin.I will wait to see how things transpire,
before releasing my dosh.Yes,i know you can pay by credit card, to secure monies.This
season seems quite awful.I wouldn't be surprised to see SUFC go into admin or bust !!
Additionally,I think the safety certificate for next season could be in doubt.The facilities
are dreadful and not fit for purpose.

No way am I going to fund the deceitful R.Martin.I will wait to see how things transpire,
before releasing my dosh.Yes,i know you can pay by credit card, to secure monies.This
season seems quite awful.I wouldn't be surprised to see SUFC go into admin or bust !!
Additionally,I think the safety certificate for next season could be in doubt.The facilities
are dreadful and not fit for purpose.
But there again, we may get a new owner and the old girl that is Roots Hall will be spruced up enough to go again next season. You may be right but so might I, we just don't know.

I bet the training ground is looking absolutely superb after the sun and rain we have had , my lawn is three cuts in already … love to see some photos of it to give us all hope …

Had to didn't they. Even more so than previous seasons.

Bit naughty bringing the deadline forward to secure your seat though.

1st May, has it ever been that early?

Trying to force some supporters hands?

Think the club are extremely desperate. If no buyer comes forward by end of season, it’s going to be squeaky bum time 😬

Depends on who blinks first I suppose. What looks clear to me is that they are pretty needy for the dosh now rather than stretching it out over the summer months.

ShrimperZone Sponsors

FFM MSPFX Foreign Exchange Services
Estuary MFF2
Zone Advertisers Zone Advertisers

ShrimperZone - SUFC Player Sponsorship

Southend United Away Travel

All At Sea Fanzine

Back