• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will you relocate to the North

Will you move to the North Bank?

• Yes

Votes: 38 25.5%
  • No

Votes: 111 74.5%

• Total voters
Not for me. I stood there as that was the only way to get a ticket (via a neighbour) for the Man United game and I much prefer the view from South Upper

I think you may be confusing him with Bonzo who was a council worker from Shoebury who had a van with a mattress in the back although Clive did indeed travel in it to many games.
It's a pretty poor view, to be honest. Or was, when I last visited.
Spent many years travelling in the famous or rather infamous Bonzmobile back in the day, Boy it really was something else but I kinda loved it (but maybe not). We generally use to meet up on a Friday evening at the bowling alley on Southend Pier. Think it really would be quite interesting to find out how many people on SZ travelled in it?? One of my pet hates to this very day is fig rolls as I often found myself sleeping in the van on that old mattress and then waking up in the morning having laid on some and no one would own up to who they belonged too. Some of the main characters from back in those day are certainly still about at Roots Hall and have beccome friends for life. It really was such a great time to follow the team, having said that I'm not so sure that hygiene levels were top of anyone's agenda back in those days. I last saw the legendary Bonzo possibly about 10 years ago when he came back to Roots Hall on the Peterborough United supporters coach, he was living in Peterborough at that time. Think he was still wearing the same clothes from back in the 60's especially his famous roll neck jumper with the massive neck and his sheepskin coat, or rather what was left of it. Wonderful memories they were as well that still resonate with me quite often to this very day.

Reactions: RHB
Back