• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Will you relocate to the North

Will you move to the North Bank?

• Yes

Votes: 33 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 91 73.4%

• Total voters
Jeez, that's a name from the past, remember him from when I lived in Rayleigh around 1967. He had a van with a bin the back which he used to travel to away games!
I think you may be confusing him with Bonzo who was a council worker from Shoebury who had a van with a mattress in the back although Clive did indeed travel in it to many games.

Absolutely not. This needs to be the vocal area, the projection of sound from there is second to none in the ground, and with that, I would suggest, goes the safe standing area or those that are going to stand throughout anyway, just like W block now. This hat needs passing to the younger generation or, at least, those who CAN stand the whole match!

As long as standing is allowed and the stewards don’t get arsey, then 100%. This needs to be backed by the fanbase and it will be the catalyst to a massively improved atmosphere at RH. Which in turn, will hopefully be worth extra points over a season.
This indeed!

Definitely not! I am staying firmly in the East until the redevelopment.

I like to be able to watch the game without being pushed around and jostled.
Standing for me is an issue, partly physical as I have some joint problems periodically, but mainly as I am far too short to see over most of the giant men who like to stand up and then dont stand still!

The atmosphere generated by the North bank used to be great, and giving our fans the NW corner as part of the move towards where the ground needs to be is a very pragmatic and sensible solution. People need to remember that the ground will be redeveloped in phases and the short term solution will probably be tweaked, and sections for home and away fans changed as we move towards the longer term.

Standing for me is an issue, partly physical as I have some joint problems periodically, but mainly as I am far too short to see over most of the giant men who like to stand up and then dont stand still!

The atmosphere generated by the North bank used to be great, and giving our fans the NW corner as part of the move towards where the ground needs to be is a very pragmatic and sensible solution. People need to remember that the ground will be redeveloped in phases and the short term solution will probably be tweaked, and sections for home and away fans changed as we move towards the longer term.
Theres a few fellas down York Road who can help with your joint problems i believe Ms Bush

I've voted no for now.

If the north bank got rebuilt and was safe standing then it would be a different story.

The view there is woeful. Build it like barnets away stand as safe standing with bars etc underneath and I'm in

No because I like sitting in the West, but am very happy that the club has listened and is doing something that the fanbase want.

As stated above, I do hope that the medium term plan is to turn "our" bit of the North Bank and potentially the North West Corner into safe standing as that will allow our main singing section to relocate there and take advantage of the better acoustics.

Thats the point of reclaiming the North.

Im sure it will be the same rules as it was back I the day. Behind the goal if you don't mind being 'jostled'. Out on the fringes if you want the atmosphere of home end and in the seats if your too old or too young. Others will want a better view of the whole game by sitting nearer the half way line.

Anyway with safe standing it wont be like the 70's, a sea of heads and surges down the terrace. But it will be an advantage for the team because at the moment 200 away fans can make more noise than the blue voice.

Pretty sure the front 2 rows at least in the north bank are extremely low giving a view to rival what you see at the back at Wealdstone or Dorking (where you cant see much).

I stand in the West, quite like it there
But
I also like the North bank stood there when standing, and back in there when it was seating.

What i would like to do thou is to pick and choose,
One week stand in my Seaso location and then nest week go and stand in the North.

So it would be good, if the seating in the north was un-allocated, and you could walk round there, pay your money and in you go.

I think you may be confusing him with Bonzo who was a council worker from Shoebury who had a van with a mattress in the back although Clive did indeed travel in it to many games.
I remember Clive with the van parked around the communal garages in the Leslie Road/ Worcester Drive area in Rayleigh…… BTW, I was 11 at the time.

Back