• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Just watched the Medi doc on Netflix, surely he’s not even a patch on Ron. Amazed no one’s done an expose on him.

I had a table tennis match tonight and was speaking to Southend fan who owns a hotel . And he also owed a small amount of money from the rat from 2 years ago . When does it ever end

I'm told when Justin uses local establishments people often remind him they are owed money by the club. It runs deeper than COSU or anyone else, apart from all us fans, expected.

My view based on nothing but my own feelings is that Justin found out pretty quickly what Ron was like. If I remember his first contact was Tom Lawrence who I doubt said Ron was an upstanding citizen. Then he meets Gary Lockett who's been on the board with Ron. And so it goes on. Debts were calculated probably on a worst case scenario times 2 and it was still felt to be doable. For every story about Ron there's another worse to trump it. Bookers way of doing business.

I'm told when Justin uses local establishments people often remind him they are owed money by the club. It runs deeper than COSU or anyone else, apart from all us fans, expected.
Local "establishments"?. Don't tell me Ron was knocking the local brass houses as well as businesses. Talk about shameless.

I had a table tennis match tonight and was speaking to Southend fan who owns a hotel . And he also owed a small amount of money from the rat from 2 years ago . When does it ever end
This is what we need :-

What were debtors' prisons?​

They were institutions in which people who couldn’t pay their debts were incarcerated. For centuries, these jails formed a key part of the British prison system.

They were institutions in which people who couldn’t pay their debts were incarcerated. For centuries, these jails formed a key part of the British prison system.

And featured regularly in the novels of Charles Dickens.

Hash tag: thegoodolddays

So 'deadline" for DD was/is tomorrow and complete radio silence from all sides, SCC, Club, Fans Groups/ST, ITKs- not a peep...Good sign?

So 'deadline" for DD was/is tomorrow and complete radio silence from all sides, SCC, Club, Fans Groups/ST, ITKs- not a peep...Good sign?
I’m sure things are still bungling along at a crawl.
Not confident anything will happen soon tho’ . Wish we would just get some positive news.

If tomorrow why need to say anything
Would imagine a lot of back n forth and would prefer this , before any news no one will believe.
Like an audit always something last minute, wording, legal spill, copy of document etc
If tomorrow then wait to then to hear

If tomorrow why need to say anything
Would imagine a lot of back n forth and would prefer this , before any news no one will believe.
Like an audit always something last minute, wording, legal spill, copy of document etc
If tomorrow then wait to then to hear
It’s just gone a bit tumbleweed-eh DSLC. Fireworks last week, nowt this week. I don’t like the silence, plays havoc with m‘tinnitus.

As it's a slow news day the original idea of setting up the state of Georgia was as a place for debtors. The Essex connection is that the idea for this and main protagonist was a chap called James Oglethorpe who lived and died at Cranham.

Or a pie-eyed piper to lead the rats (hypnotised) off the end of the pier.

Back