• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P
Wonder if the consortium regret doing the event at the Cliff Pavilion now ? The sale all seemed a formality at the time
I have thought the same don’t suppose any of them expected this mess especially the guy telling us about his five year plans. Whenever they will start ? Would love to know if all ten of them are still happy pumping money into club, with Ron still smiling away in Ron towers

I thought I might ease back on reading the ups and downs of the sale of this club of ours, then I discovered another embargo was landed on us, I don’t know in depth information like some but I think I’m not alone in saying I’m sick to the the back teeth of all this ****ing nonsense on all sides, I would like to say to every man Jack of them, put up or shut up your killing us with the death of a thousand cuts, and it’s hurting.

The fact they arent coming along at market level or below and are aimed at the high end of the market surely can be put down to nothing other then pure greed.

You would think someone in the chain would put in a rule of at least a 50/50 split of affordable...

Its dissapointing but Im not surprised by it sadly. Snouts in the trough...

I’m not even sure it is greed. I think he needs it to cover his gigantic debts. Remember part of the deal is him discharging the mortgage on Roots Hall. He needs a lot to be able to do that.

Some of the local councillors have put this up today -

Press Release on behalf of the Southend groups of Labour, Liberal Democrats and Independent Councillors:
♦️🔶🟣
LABOUR, LIBERAL DEMOCRAT, and INDEPENDENT GROUP COUNCILLORS ANNOUNCE PLAN TO FORM A NEW JOINT ADMINISTRATION TO RUN SOUTHEND COUNCIL

Joint Administration to provide stability to Southend Council
♦️🔶🟣
Southend Labour, Liberal Democrat and Independent councillors have announced their intention to form a joint administration following the results of the local elections in May which saw the Conservatives lose four seats and lose their position as the largest group.

A vote of no confidence in the current administration has been called for Monday 20th May where a new leader will be voted in, and the joint administration will take executive control of the council.
♦️
Cllr Daniel Cowan, Leader of the Labour Group, said “I am delighted to confirm that an agreement has been reached with two other groups to form the stable administration the council and city needs moving forward. The council has significant challenges ahead including managing the waste contract which the Conservatives agreed would change to fortnightly collection, taking Fossetts Farm forward to secure the future of the football club, and the budget strain we will inherit. These issues will require cross-party working and to give the city stability and security; it is importantly we do that officially. I look forward to working closely with colleagues from across the chamber to deliver on our agreed priorities for the city.”
🔶
Cllr Paul Collins, Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group, said “I am grateful for the opportunity to create a difference for the people of Southend. We must make the most of our time in administration to repay the collective trust placed in our groups. We have a big job in front of us but I am confident we will rise to the challenge with a cabinet that draws on the strengths and experience of a broad coalition. We will operate in a fair, transparent manner that enhances our services and protects our finances.”
🟣
Cllr Steve Wakefield, Independent Group Spokesperson, said “The outcome of these elections were clear, the electorate has spoken with their votes and voted the Conservatives out. Southend voted for a mix of political ideas and therefore the right thing to do is work collaboratively with other groups to deliver on shared values and make a difference to the people we’re elected to represent. This is a strong arrangement that protects our values and ability to represent the interests of our residents whilst ensuring the stability the council needs. We will work well together and get on with the business of delivering for our city.”

Cllr Daniel Cowan is the Leader of the Labour Group in Southend
Cllr Paul Collins is the Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group in Southend
Cllr Steve Wakefield is the Southend Independent Group Spokesperson

Press Release on behalf of the Southend groups of Labour, Liberal Democrats and Independent Councillors:
♦️🔶🟣
LABOUR, LIBERAL DEMOCRAT, and INDEPENDENT GROUP COUNCILLORS ANNOUNCE PLAN TO FORM A NEW JOINT ADMINISTRATION TO RUN SOUTHEND COUNCIL

♦️🔶🟣
Southend Labour, Liberal Democrat and Independent councillors have announced their intention to form a joint administration following the results of the local elections in May which saw the Conservatives lose four seats and lose their position as the largest group.

A vote of no confidence in the current administration has been called for Monday 20th May where a new leader will be voted in, and the joint administration will take executive control of the council.
♦️
Cllr Daniel Cowan, Leader of the Labour Group, said “I am delighted to confirm that an agreement has been reached with two other groups to form the stable administration the council and city needs moving forward. The council has significant challenges ahead including managing the waste contract which the Conservatives agreed would change to fortnightly collection, taking Fossetts Farm forward to secure the future of the football club, and the budget strain we will inherit. These issues will require cross-party working and to give the city stability and security; it is importantly we do that officially. I look forward to working closely with colleagues from across the chamber to deliver on our agreed priorities for the city.”
🔶
Cllr Paul Collins, Leader of the Liberal Democrat Group, said “I am grateful for the opportunity to create a difference for the people of Southend. We must make the most of our time in administration to repay the collective trust placed in our groups. We have a big job in front of us but I am confident we will rise to the challenge with a cabinet that draws on the strengths and experience of a broad coalition. We will operate in a fair, transparent manner that enhances our services and protects our finances.”
🟣
Cllr Steve Wakefield, Independent Group Spokesperson, said “The outcome of these elections were clear, the electorate has spoken with their votes and voted the Conservatives out. Southend voted for a mix of political ideas and therefore the right thing to do is work collaboratively with other groups to deliver on shared values and make a difference to the people we’re elected to represent. This is a strong arrangement that protects our values and ability to represent the interests of our residents whilst ensuring the stability the council needs. We will work well together and get on with the business of delivering for our city.”

I guess there is very little chance of Cllr Cox managing to get the deal all signed off on Monday as his last act of power?

Does the fact that the council’s DD is with an external auditor mean that RM has provided what they needed to complete their own DD before it was in a state to go to external team?

♦️🔶🟣

♦️🔶🟣

♦️
🔶
🟣

Hopefully the new leader will be able to give us a clearer picture on the timescale of their DD. Obviously the Club cannot continue to repeatedly tell the courts, other creditors, the NL, etc. that the takeover is almost completed/only weeks away, something just has to change soon.

Does the fact that the council’s DD is with an external auditor mean that RM has provided what they needed to complete their own DD before it was in a state to go to external team?
No - I think in the report there are 4 'topics' of DD, each with an external consultant doing the DD

The consortium statement only mentioned the council not ratty or other parties. I hope that means the rat’s provided the info needed, if not someone needs to tell us!

As it stands we should all be lobbying Southend councillors urging them to push things along. We can pressure them on how urgent the timescale is at least. Maybe a protest outside the civil centre? I know it’s been mentioned that they all work from home, but a visual presence plus getting some negative press coverage couldn’t hurt with focusing minds?

The consortium statement only mentioned the council not ratty or other parties. I hope that means the rat’s provided the info needed, if not someone needs to tell us!

As it stands we should all be lobbying Southend councillors urging them to push things along. We can pressure them on how urgent the timescale is at least. Maybe a protest outside the civil centre? I know it’s been mentioned that they all work from home, but a visual presence plus getting some negative press coverage couldn’t hurt with focusing minds?
Done it for my three.

I’m not even sure it is greed. I think he needs it to cover his gigantic debts. Remember part of the deal is him discharging the mortgage on Roots Hall. He needs a lot to be able to do that.
More proof (not that anymore is needed) that rm is a total charlatan, a conman totally out of his depth.

Done it for my three.
Fantastic! Unfortunately I live in Rayleigh so can’t do the same.

The Southend councillors have shown their desire to play party politics over our woes on X. That’s boiled my ****, so we should all message them and apply pressure there at the very least.

For what it's worth, I have a decent understanding of SCC and know for sure that members are frequently told what they want to hear in order to delay and dodge. A huge clue into any hold ups lay within the wording of the 2050 brochure. It's all about responsibility.

I said it a few weeks ago and was told it can’t happen, but I can see a situation where the rat ends up building on both FF and Roots Hall ..with no club. He is potentially playing here the biggest blinder of his life
I've said this for months mate. No one in their right mind would give that golden egg up without having the cast iron guarantee of being able to do what they want. No matter what they might say, I doubt that the council will allow RH to fall into rack & ruin and RM isn't going to just walk away from that.

In my mind I think there is only one way we get out of this positively and that is by the consortium paying the bill, which they say they won't and which they shouldn't because as soon as they blink first, Ron can take as long as he likes.

Whilst I was optimistic after the "Night with the Consortium", my heart has not been fully elated since contracts were exchanged and it won't be until it is completed.

And in that respect, sadly I am no longer even realistic or pessimistic... just resigned. And trust me, that is not a good place to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back