• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the consortium can finally get our new stadium built (joke)!

Just found this…

Looked lovely didn’t it🥹

That stadium could have been built 10 times over now.

But as with every stage, Ron just got greedier and greedier. Bigger capacity, more houses, more houses on roots hall and then smaller capacity and more houses and back down to the capacity of this original plan roughly 15 or 16k

I've said this for months mate. No one in their right mind would give that golden egg up without having the cast iron guarantee of being able to do what they want. No matter what they might say, I doubt that the council will allow RH to fall into rack & ruin and RM isn't going to just walk away from that.

In my mind I think there is only one way we get out of this positively and that is by the consortium paying the bill, which they say they won't and which they shouldn't because as soon as they blink first, Ron can take as long as he likes.

Whilst I was optimistic after the "Night with the Consortium", my heart has not been fully elated since contracts were exchanged and it won't be until it is completed.

And in that respect, sadly I am no longer even realistic or pessimistic... just resigned. And trust me, that is not a good place to be.
Surely if the football club sale falls through there is a risk to Ron of the whole thing falling apart ? The ‘community asset’ ‘fan ownership’ arguments were getting traction before the consortium came along and there must be a chance of a whole raft of ‘roadblocks’ being put in the way of both FF and Roots Hall developments when currently they revolve around a stadium being available somewhere. I can’t believe if the current club ceased to exist he’d be allowed to build on both sites without provision for a stadium for a Southend football club. The time passed and gazillions spaffed away on legal fees, penalties, fines, court cases and players walking away from contracts somehow doesn't fit with a business genius playing a blinder ? It just looks chaotic.

That stadium could have been built 10 times over now.

But as with every stage, Ron just got greedier and greedier. Bigger capacity, more houses, more houses on roots hall and then smaller capacity and more houses and back down to the capacity of this original plan roughly 15 or 16k
Its always been pie in the sky really hasnt it. Just a shyster with some plots of land. Spent his whole life achieving nothing but hatred.

Its always been pie in the sky really hasnt it. Just a shyster with some plots of land. Spent his whole life achieving nothing but hatred.
The man is a born liar ..a total conman ...i hope if the club we all love does go belly up ..that c@nt gets it both barrels ..i love this club you ****@n idiot ..no ronald martin you dont ..you are a incompetent greedy parasite ..the man who in my mind will quite gladly kill a club of 118 years standing ...i dont endorse this but i would sleep with one eye open you nasty greedy c@nt

The council are doing exactly what they should be doing. This is our/ratepayers money . You do not leave one penny of that anywhere near the Rat without cast iron legal protection.. \the consortium or the club or fans. Or anyone else can bang on as much as they like. But the council is where the buck stops

So the council saw the new plans, which are very immature, mid March. 2 months so far to complete that part which seems reasonable.

At some point they have to make a decision one way or another

Reactions: jnl
So the council saw the new plans, which are very immature, mid March. 2 months so far to complete that part which seems reasonable.

At some point they have to make a decision one way or another
The council have broadly made the decision when they agreed the deal with Ron. The Those words are banned is a process being conducted by 3rd parties who are making sure that it is acceptable to SCC and flagging where it isn't.

Just wondering how tomorrows council vote will effect all this because I believe that Cox is toast now that Labour, Independent and Lib Demi’s have joined forces.

If these wallies try to change anything, we could be in the 💩

IMG_5221.jpeg

Reading the suggested sections 6 and 7......it ain't happening mate.
I have zero confidence that Ronnie will comply with all this. Unless there is a leap of faith by the other parties involved and an acceptance that Ron and cronies will continue to screw over everyone involved, this ain't happening in time for next season.

Had a chat with a member of consortium over weekend. A few takeaways….

1. The press release is absolutely as it is.
2. This really is now just all about the council. Ron may have slowed it down prior but he needs this as much as us
3. Embargo disappointing and they doing everything to avoid a points deduction, which clearly therefore remains a priority (and possibility)
4. Kev is going nowhere and everyone working as normal behind scenes
5. The consortium are in this for the long haul

Will keep transfer stuff under wraps as I don’t think that helps anyone but seems some of the rumours on here are just that, and others are more likely. Deals being done and agents and selling clubs know they selling into a new regime and so some of the old crap now not as debilitating as previous preseasons.

I’m still not that positive as it’s totally out of consortium control but it does sound like everyone involved in this wants a positive outcome. It’s just a huge complex mess.

🤞

Had a chat with a member of consortium over weekend. A few takeaways….

1. The press release is absolutely as it is.
2. This really is now just all about the council. Ron may have slowed it down prior but he needs this as much as us
3. Embargo disappointing and they doing everything to avoid a points deduction, which clearly therefore remains a priority (and possibility)
4. Kev is going nowhere and everyone working as normal behind scenes
5. The consortium are in this for the long haul

Will keep transfer stuff under wraps as I don’t think that helps anyone but seems some of the rumours on here are just that, and others are more likely. Deals being done and agents and selling clubs know they selling into a new regime and so some of the old crap now not as debilitating as previous preseasons.

I’m still not that positive as it’s totally out of consortium control but it does sound like everyone involved in this wants a positive outcome. It’s just a huge complex mess.

🤞
Thanks for that.

Reactions: fbm
I would like to thank the concortium for there honest answer Its refreshing to find people that are working hard to save the club .Unlike two others who are back bitting each other .We all know Martin could not give a toss about the club .So he should cut his losses and get out NOW .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back