• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was delivering today at the new (ish) flats behind the ground today and noticed there were some “men” doing some clearance work at the back of the North Bank so some action was ongoing wh

Was delivering today at the new (ish) flats behind the ground today and noticed there were some “men” doing some clearance work at the back of the North Bank so some action was ongoing which can only be seen as a positive.
Any chance ground work for the new scoreboard maybe .

Question that @Tribal Chief or @Medway Blue might have more insight, with the decoupling of the ground, do we know what the situation is with the new training ground? Will this form part of the deal for the club now or will this be transferred at the same time as the ground whenever that is.

Do we know if we will be training at the new ground anytime soon, as I thought the original plan was for pre season, but know this slipped because of the delay in sale, so just interested to know what the position is with the training ground when you think we might be moved to new pitches, or will it be a case of waiting for new temp buildings. I suspect as they training ground is owned by Thames, that this won’t be transferred until ground is transferred and PP is in place for revised plans for Fossets.

Question that @Tribal Chief or @Medway Blue might have more insight, with the decoupling of the ground, do we know what the situation is with the new training ground? Will this form part of the deal for the club now or will this be transferred at the same time as the ground whenever that is.

Do we know if we will be training at the new ground anytime soon, as I thought the original plan was for pre season, but know this slipped because of the delay in sale, so just interested to know what the position is with the training ground when you think we might be moved to new pitches, or will it be a case of waiting for new temp buildings. I suspect as they training ground is owned by Thames, that this won’t be transferred until ground is transferred and PP is in place for revised plans for Fossets.
I don’t know for sure but I believe it would happen at the same time as the ground as you suspect. No insider knowledge on that but it makes sense to me.

I don’t know for sure but I believe it would happen at the same time as the ground as you suspect. No insider knowledge on that but it makes sense to me.

With a Labour government announcing the Green belt will be relaxed. Then you consider all the development happening or at planning stage for Fossetts Way. Then the new training ground would be an ideal investment for anyone looking to take and educated gamble.......Or a property developer.

So COSU are literally buying the club ONLY at this point. I still find it unbelievable they are doing so, with no assets at all.

It felt like everything was desperate before and it's why things got done so quickly, as they simply had to. People working over time, lawyers working overtime etc. Now things have calmed, it feels like the next stages won't be hurried through as quickly as the club is 'safe' and it wasn't before. The council and Ron will take longer as COSU are keeping the club alive. Which means, the stadium and training ground will take a whole lot longer to be signed over. I really hope this whole package (DD passed and contract signed between the council and Martin's, stadium and training ground signed over to COSU) happens this side of Christmas. We can't go into the new year with this still dragging on. We can't expect COSU to do so either.

The consortium will only get the stadium once FF has planning consent. That is years away due to the pace of Ron Martin!
Roots Hall Limited has two multi million pound charges sitting on it, thanks to Ron Martin.
If PP on FF is also linked to lease at RH are we in danger of ending up like Gateshead and not allowed entry to EFL as do not have 10 year tenure?

Do the NL have a role in this? Do they have to sanction the deal and if so has that already been done or will it happen when they see the final legal documents? I hope they don’t have to get lawyers to review too.

Do the NL have a role in this? Do they have to sanction the deal and if so has that already been done or will it happen when they see the final legal documents? I hope they don’t have to get lawyers to review too.
Yes they do have to sanction the deal and i believe that is in progress atm. I am pretty sure all will come together over the next few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back