• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

It is without doubt the question of the 20mill promised in the original agreement with the rat and COSU that is stalling things. You have to also take into account the rat knows they are already heavily commited to the club so will no doubt use that as his bargaining bluff tool as he thinks they cannot walk away from that commitment.

He will of course be trying his upmost to reduce that at every corner.

Everything in the rats world is "just business"regardless of any fall out to others.

It is without doubt the question of the 20mill promised in the original agreement with the rat and COSU that is stalling things. You have to also take into account the rat knows they are already heavily commited to the club so will no doubt use that as his bargaining bluff tool as he thinks they cannot walk away from that commitment.
He will of course be trying his upmost to reduce that at every corner.

Everything in the rats world is "just business"regardless of any fall out to others.

And as someone mentioned already, COSU have stated *publicly* that the £20m isn’t a deal breaker and that they have back-up plans should it never materialise

I wondered if it was a smart move to publicly state this back then. Hope this doesn’t backfire

And as someone mentioned already, COSU have stated *publicly* that the £20m isn’t a deal breaker and that they have back-up plans should it never materialise

I wondered if it was a smart move to publicly state this back then. Hope this doesn’t backfire
Very true, but i guess they trusted the rat even though I warned Justin from the off. If it does not materilise we as in every SUFC fan will have to raise some funds.

Very true, but i guess they trusted the rat even though I warned Justin from the off. If it does not materilise we as in every SUFC fan will have to raise some funds.

Shame there’s no rich and mysterious benefactors who are fans of SUFC, just waiting in the wings to save us

:Winking:

If the 20 millon is the sticking point Maybe it would br better just taking over the club to keep the wolves from the door You would be suprised how many supporters would help work on roots hall to tidy it up iE plumber eleticians brickys and such like They would probably helpthe concortium But would not help ron and son

If the 20 millon is the sticking point Maybe it would br better just taking over the club to keep the wolves from the door You would be suprised how many supporters would help work on roots hall to tidy it up iE plumber eleticians brickys and such like They would probably helpthe concortium But would not help ron and son
The consortium are never going to sign a deal without their payback from FF. They have already spent millions and now have to sign a deal without owning assets. They are never going to give up on the money they need to do up Roots Hall. Us just tidying it up is never going to be enough to make Roots Hall turn out a sustainable turnover.

I've said this countless times, they are not doing this just out of the goodness of their hearts, they are business people that need to get some sort of a return. The £20m will help them create an establishment that can start to claw money back over a period of time. Roots Hall in its current guise is an absolute disgrace and it needs addressing. They aren't going to do that from their own money only. Why should they? They can't back down from what they require, as much us we want the takeover done asap.

Last edited:
Rat & Co had an obligation to build a New Stadium, which should have been at FF. As this is no longer the case the £20m was the trade off.
So how come there is still any negotiating required?
They had high rise already given plannimng at RH , the council will not allow that at FF so the scale of the rats project has dwindled a bit.

I agree 100% that he no longer has to pay for a stadium so it should of been a trade off.

Back