• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catching up on this thread, another 5 pages of absolutely nothing.

I wish we could have a separate thread where someone reviews this thread and copy’s/pastes posts that actually says something different/new into the new thread, and no one else can add anything.

Sorry I know people need to post and I get it, I’m not complaining, just compiling a SZ wish list
BBC is probably your best bet

As far as the Those words are banned goes, I don't know what the issues are. I believe that whatever was unearthed in the first two rounds wasn't insignificant, but was manageable. This third one is a bigger worry. If it proves to be similar to the previous two rounds, then that is very positive. We need the consortium to feel some comfort that the end is in sight, so that they can deliver a positive message to the NL and hopefully avoid any sanction - whether it be a points deduction or expulsion. That's still a big uncertainty though.
Under what circumstances would we get a points deduction or expulsion from the NL?

Under what circumstances would we get a points deduction or expulsion from the NL?
The biggest issue is proving we are a "going concern". Will SUFC fulfil all of its fixtures next season, is how they will look at it. Still being under Rat ownership doesn't prove that at all. Even if (thankfully) we have COSU propping us up right now, they are not our "owners" and they have also rightly said funding cannot continue with no club sale. That is probably reason alone for them to threaten to revoke our license to participate in the NL.

Add to that another WUP (for which they have slapped an embargo on us) and accounts still being a year out of date at Companies House (We were 5 mins from being expelled for this last season) That is more than enough ammo for the already ****ed off NL to at least throw a couple of ultimatums at us at the AGM this weekend. They will no doubt again be getting pressure from many angles (clubs/individuals) to throw the book at us.

We need to be able to attend the AGM this weekend with some concrete info that will give them confidence all of the above will be sorted, well in advance of August. Let's hope for some positive noise from SCC and COSU this week and a sympathetic NL board this weekend.

That is more than enough ammo for the already ****ed off NL to at least throw a couple of ultimatums at us at the AGM this weekend. They will no doubt again be getting pressure from many angles (clubs/individuals) to throw the book at us.

Whilst the NL is, like us fans, undoubtedly frustrated they aren’t wanting to throw the book at us. For most clubs we represent a substantial payday. The ultimatums are a way of bending the rules to allow us to still participate.

Had we been an Oxford City or similar whose away following fits into a minibus we might have found the NL less willing to make those concessions and quicker to expel us. Instead they have been giving us every opportunity to get our house in order. It’s not their fault that 15 months on the sale still hasn’t gone through and we still can’t pay our debts.

Whilst the NL is, like us fans, undoubtedly frustrated they aren’t wanting to throw the book at us. For most clubs we represent a substantial payday. The ultimatums are a way of bending the rules to allow us to still participate.

Had we been an Oxford City or similar whose away following fits into a minibus we might have found the NL less willing to make those concessions and quicker to expel us. Instead they have been giving us every opportunity to get our house in order. It’s not their fault that 15 months on the sale still hasn’t gone through and we still can’t pay our debts.
Why blaim the club its not the clubs debts .All the players and staff are still being payed The so called debts are placed in one familys door Ans its about time there was brought to face there crimes against thoes who they owe moneys to .And Ron martin should be struck off from owning a club without paying his debts .

The NL should be looking to support its member clubs. We are a member, so without putting the other members at jeopardy they should be looking to do what they can to help us survive. If throwing us out the league we fold, then that’s not a great thing to do.

It should be like parenting. We are currently the disruptive child, but you don’t throw us under a bus, you work with us to help us through the issues. Whether the NL see it this way of course is anyone’s guess

The NL should be looking to support its member clubs. We are a member, so without putting the other members at jeopardy they should be looking to do what they can to help us survive. If throwing us out the league we fold, then that’s not a great thing to do.

It should be like parenting. We are currently the disruptive child, but you don’t throw us under a bus, you work with us to help us through the issues. Whether the NL see it this way of course is anyone’s guess
This is what they’ve been doing.

I would be very surprised if JR and TL haven't been in constant dialogue with the National League. What is more uncertain is the National League views. However I think Yorkshire Blue is right. We are an important member of the League not only in prestige but cash. Clubs like Braintree are dependent to a certain degree on the big payday. I think they are sympathetic want like we all do the consortium to take over asap and the club back in the fold of decency. But their patience is not inexhaustible.

I don't disagree. If they really wanted to, they probably could of booted us by now.

I didn't say they want to throw the book at us, more they will be getting pressure from all angles to do so. Opposition clubs (particularly those that have been relegated) and individuals will have certainly been having a word in their shell like over the last 15 months, about our conduct and situation. They have a duty to uphold the integrity of the league and support all member clubs at the end of the day. Just because we are a "big fish" at this level and bring in significant finance to member clubs, doesn't mean we can continue as we have done and expect to face no further sanctions.

Let's hope for positive news and no more poking the bear type situations.

If all that is true then that’s surely good reason for other NL clubs to be royally ****ed off at us, arguably for good reason (cheers Ron).

Yes we take a big away following most places and it’s a payday but most of the smaller grounds can’t cope that well with big numbers. Not sure they’d be THAT fussed if we were booted out. We’d certainly be one hell of an example of what happens if you don’t get your house in order.

If all that is true then that’s surely good reason for other NL clubs to be royally ****ed off at us, arguably for good reason (cheers Ron).

Yes we take a big away following most places and it’s a payday but most of the smaller grounds can’t cope that well with big numbers. Not sure they’d be THAT fussed if we were booted out. We’d certainly be one hell of an example of what happens if you don’t get your house in order.
do you honestly think the concortium would let that happen without a fight .I dont think they would just roll over after putting millons into the club .

The NL have been very accommodating to try and keep us going. Probably the main reason is that we are an ex EFL club with a long history who have fallen on hard times. We have a big stadium by NL standards and a large fanbase for home and away games. They are fully aware that the only issue needed is a change of ownership which is potentially near and then they will see us promoted back to the EFL within a few seasons. We wouldn’t have been treated so kindly had we been a small time team in a tinpot stadium with little history or fanbase.

What I'm missing from this debacle is some timeline target commitments to get DD don't ne, decisions made that the council, ron, club commit to. The silence is deafening around a lack of this. A lack of this also plays into the hands of ron in that external deadlines provide negotiating leverage. He's already shown that his objective is to make money and look after himself - sufc is not his concern.

What I'm missing from this debacle is some timeline target commitments to get DD don't ne, decisions made that the council, ron, club commit to. The silence is deafening around a lack of this. A lack of this also plays into the hands of ron in that external deadlines provide negotiating leverage. He's already shown that his objective is to make money and look after himself - sufc is not his concern.
Justin wants news by this Friday that it is a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back