• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game.

So it's now the 29th May 2024, the Council are still actively involved in pressing on with their deal with Ron, the Consortium are still in the game, with no immediate signs that they are walking and there is now more pressure on Martin Dawn and thus the rat family to push on and finalise the planning approval for FF. Things are still up in the air but we are not dead yet and there appears to be a degree of optimism from the SCC Leader on DD and the Club on the season card front.

All of this says to me that I don't need to be fatalistic/suicidal about our future (yet), and you never know, by the time we reach the next High Court gig, we could well be owned by the Consortium. Bring on 'you're talking bollocks' brigade to shout me down, and lets face it the numbers in that club on here presently are at an all time high. But tomorrow is another day as they say and I may just give this thread a miss for a few days as the sun is shining at the moment..
Unfortunately RHB when supporting the blues lately Tomorrow is always another Day

Only a couple more days and D2 Design and Build start on the project that the club engaged with them.

This commencing may give us some clues as to the state of play with the takeover.

View attachment 32166
I'd have thought this is for general prep works to get Roots Hall into fit and proper shape rather than anything groundbreaking, considering COSU don't own the club yet.

I would like to think COSU won't put in anything more than the bare minimum required while the deal is still incomplete.

In the legal profession you can chose to do your weekly shop at Harrods or you can chose to do it at Lidl. If you shop at the former it is going to costs a lot more than at the latter. Most people on a budget would chose to do the bulk at Lidl but the occasional special item at Harrods.

For some reason we were choosing to shop for all our legal services somewhere near the top end of the market.

I seem to recall several local solicitors sponsoring the club over the years - on advertising hoardings, in the programme and the like. Any of these should have been able to handle straight forward employee terminations.

To give you an example Tom Lawrence first got involved in football doing Gillingham’s legal work. The firm he worked for would have been a damn sight cheaper than a City firm like Taylor Wessing.

I’m beginning to see how the club has been operating at such a huge loss.

This level of legal expenditure is staggering for such a small business.

The lack of a CEO has almost certainly cost us more than it saved but I’m also wondering what the board were doing. Surely this level of expenditure went through the board? Between Stewarts LLP and Taylor Wessing we’ve racked up legal fees getting on to a fifth of our turnover. That’s insane.
How much of that was in lieu of payment because we couldn't afford to pay them for work they had already done?

Last edited:
In the legal profession you can chose to do your weekly shop at Harrods or you can chose to do it at Lidl. If you shop at the former it is going to costs a lot more than at the latter. Most people on a budget would chose to do the bulk at Lidl but the occasional special item at Harrods.

For some reason we were choosing to shop for all our legal services somewhere near the top end of the market.

I seem to recall several local solicitors sponsoring the club over the years - on advertising hoardings, in the programme and the like. Any of these should have been able to handle straight forward employee terminations.

To give you an example Tom Lawrence first got involved in football doing Gillingham’s legal work. The firm he worked for would have been a damn sight cheaper than a City firm like Taylor Wessing.

I’m beginning to see how the club has been operating at such a huge loss.

This level of legal expenditure is staggering for such a small business.

The lack of a CEO has almost certainly cost us more than it saved but I’m also wondering what the board were doing. Surely this level of expenditure went through the board? Between Stewarts LLP and Taylor Wessing we’ve racked up legal fees getting on to a fifth of our turnover. That’s insane.
When you own 95% of the company you can ignore the rest of the board members however sound their advice might be.

Only a couple more days and D2 Design and Build start on the project that the club engaged with them.

This commencing may give us some clues as to the state of play with the takeover.

View attachment 32166
I did quiz them on Insta about what this was about and they said it was sponsorship related, so may not be building works after all

"As part of its promise to continue to provide legal services in relation to the undisclosed matter and other legal issues, Martin promised to pay for fees."

:ROFL:

Feel like the particular matter might have been Lopata?

How does a club our size waste an entire years season ticket money on legal fees, with this one, and the Stewarts one, that's almost £1m Even with all the contract negation's / Sackings etc it shouldn't be anywhere near this amount.

Such a waste, and yet another example of that imbecile rat's mismanagement of the clubs finances.
This may be way off base but there was a thread years ago on here where it was alleged that SUFC was paying the legal fees for the fossets development. I don’t recall if that was BS, true, or justified/unjustified speculation

This may be way off base but there was a thread years ago on here where it was alleged that SUFC was paying the legal fees for the fossets development. I don’t recall if that was BS, true, or justified/unjustified speculation
Unjustified speculation on ShrimperZone, outrageous!!

lol-rotflmao.gif

I had a table tennis match tonight and was speaking to Southend fan who owns a hotel . And he also owed a small amount of money from the rat from 2 years ago . When does it ever end

I had a table tennis match tonight and was speaking to Southend fan who owns a hotel . And he also owed a small amount of money from the rat from 2 years ago . When does it ever end
It would be more unusual to find a business owner in south east Essex who hasn't been stiffed by the rat.

He's spent 25 years spending other people's money. Despicable.

Back