• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

I'm not suggesting rush and spend wildly. But lets say there is one or two long term target have hung around for us this summer.......They need us to show some commitment ASAP.
We have 1 goalkeeper and just 2 forwards for example. So not only would we struggle to fill the bench (including no reserve keeper which all teams will have with 7 subs) but unfortunately don't have positions evenly covered in the squad. So a couple of forwards, a goalkeeper (perhaps Martin) and an extra defender are required as a bare min quickly. Thereafter there maybe a bit of time to take stock..

Last edited:
Hello everyone Joshua mindle here for another update. an Australian fella in the pub recons he’s mate with Julian reaces and the consortium. He said they’re attempting to sign Jude Bellingham after he has finished playing abroad. His parents are keen to come back to their home town. Joshua.M.
Cheers for the update Josh

100% agree with this. I would happily just take 2/3 players on loans until the end of the season not even permanent. Then if they/we do well, tie them down to a permanent contract.
Just note I believe we currently have 14 players under contract including Beau Macdonald..
Now Wes and Jack Wood may stay so 16
Maybe Demi and Dave Martin- maybe one of them, probably Demi
Possibly Dackers is lined up to stay as he is OOC
I reckon balance of probability we have pretty much 17, 18 max?
Match day is 11 plus 7 subs.
We need to get at least to 22 or 23 which means say 5 or 6 more.

Hello everyone Joshua mindle here for another update. an Australian fella in the pub recons he’s mate with Julian reaces and the consortium. He said they’re attempting to sign Jude Bellingham after he has finished playing abroad. His parents are keen to come back to their home town. Joshua.M.
Most believable SZ rumour

I really don't see the rush to sign players, without the 10 point reduction last season we would of been in the play-offs, I would rather we steaded the ship first with the great squad we already have.

We have to learn to swim first before we decide what trunks to wear.

But if you aren’t wearing trunks whilst learning to swim won’t that cause offence to some? Most pools dont allow skinny dipping (or chunky dunking)

The appeal is also into the FA i believe, thats what the initial statement read as, so it could take time if the FA takes its usual amount of time.

I suppose there is nothing stopping them dishing out a punishment and saying we will reverse if the appeal is successful, or they could say this is the penalty however it is suspended until the put outcome of the appeal.

The NL will want things sorted before the fixtures are released. July 10th is it?

It is never going to end. Ron is simply stringing someone else along and taking advantage of the goodwill towards a community asset so he can keep living his lifestyle. When COSU walk away he will find someone else.
HE can finf d who he likes but with nothing to offer it would be pointless As the council has already told him COSU walks they would block any building at rootshall and fossets farm So he would hold a piece of wothless land

COSU need to set a deadline. Agree today or we walk. Ron Martin has more too lose
I see this argument a lot ad have said it before on here and to mates. Someone pointed out tht the council need the houses so even if they do walk away if COSU do then it could be likely they re enter talks later with RM or another developer but then R still owns the land. So maybe he doesn't have as much to lose long term as I thought and maybe some others think

The bond - what it can be used for if we fail to complete the season.

It's likely that all results in our games would be null and void. Teams that have travelled to Roots Hall will have spent money on fulfilling the fixture, money that teams that haven't played us won't need to spend - hence the teams that have played us will have a financial disadvantage. The bond monies can be used to refund the expenses of the teams that have played us and hence removed the financial disadvantage.

Is that clearer?

The best way to think of it is like an ATOL (Travel Company) Bond. If a Travel Company goes under ATOL claim against the Bond that the Travel Company would have provided to cover the costs of holidaymakers stranded abroad.

Back