• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News When will the takeover go through? COSU agree terms with Rats Tuesday 2 July 18:30 (lawyers instructed)

The big question is as the rat man wont agree to want is wanted Will the concortium pull out Or will they stick around untill the bitter end Came the council speed up there D D As it was them that seemed to change the terms of the deal So hopefully it will take weeks rather than months Then the biggest proble is Rattie and son to stick to what has been agreed

The big question is as the rat man wont agree to want is wanted Will the concortium pull out Or will they stick around untill the bitter end Came the council speed up there D D As it was them that seemed to change the terms of the deal So hopefully it will take weeks rather than months Then the biggest proble is Rattie and son to stick to what has been agreed
If the 20 million is currently the issue, then maybe it is not a deal-breaker. After all, JR said words to that effect in the past and that suggests there maybe some scope for compromise here.

Is the £1m due to the national league due tomorrow?

No. Plus I don't think it will be paid anyway.

Either COSU will own the club or it wont be paid. Once the deal is complete the NL won't need a bond......Of course they may well think up some other reason to punish us fans

You could easily look at it the other way. He would want to be here when the club is taken over. I certainly would if I was him.
As I commented yesterday - it's either really good, really bad or both (they're here because it's bad but it turns into good)

Don’t take JR flying back as a positive sign - big big day coming up.
I am not taking that either way, i was saying the deal may be harder to do given the decoupling, things like the 20 million may make the deal harder to do now it is essential the deal is done ASAP.

No one can be confident of anything given who the current owners are given past experiences

Just a question to those more ITK or swept up on these matters;

If the 20m was agreed by SCC and the 🐀 on xxx amount of houses, which has been re-negotiated down due to failing DD to xxx houses. They should be able to work out the difference between these two numbers and convert this to a % and come up with a new figure to use for RH refurb?

I gather this would be paid once planning, build of houses has commenced?

I know this is logical thinking and working with the 🐀 is difficult, but Clr Cowan seems to have the strangle hold over the 🐀, and can hopefully dictate to him about the implications of continuing to mess about and be sensible about the whole deal and bigger picture for them and us going forward.

Up The Blues :LoyalSupporter::Happy::Happy:🍾🍾🍾

Even their signs are sh*t
Went to se Chatham Town fc a couple of times during the season and the plain, does what it says on the tin signs were all over the ground as they sponsor them

Im impressed by their efforts to support local sports and forever grateful for them saving our club during past WUP times , im sure you are too

I am not taking that either way, i was saying the deal may be harder to do given the decoupling, things like the 20 million may make the deal harder to do now it is essential the deal is done ASAP.

No one can be confident of anything given who the current owners are given past experiences
I still believe the main issue isn't the de-coupling but the fact that the change in approach just gives Ron an excuse to revisit what he has already agreed with COSU (aka goalpost moving). And so it seems. And as with all negotiations with Ron they must run till the last possible moment. And so it seems.

I am optimistic based on a combination of believing Ron needs this to happen, and the fact that the ITKs seem to believe it will as well.

Of course we are talking about Ron. So no-one can be sure. A bottle of Laphroaig sits neglected in the kitchen...

Went to se Chatham Town fc a couple of times during the season and the plain, does what it says on the tin signs were all over the ground as they sponsor them

Im impressed by their efforts to support local sports and forever grateful for them saving our club during past WUP times , im sure you are too
I appreciate what they initially done but then they went on the kill and could have ended the club so any appreciation I had for them went at that stage.

Thought I’d have a day off SZ yesterday try not to think about all of Southend United woes and problems and watch some motor sport at Brands Hatch….

FFS
I thought the same last Friday evening, when I had an evening out for a nice meal and a cinema trip to try to take my mind off things.

First thing I saw when we parked up...?

1000064136.jpg

****s.

Back