• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

Not that I can make it, but is there a protest planned for Saturday? I think it would be helpful to have big numbers. I fear Ron may have been strengthened by the protest group calling for protests and only 7 people turning up.
Let's get this going asap!

I would have had more respect for SCC if they had walked away stating that this is what is on offer take it or leave it? Rather than giving in to the rats demands and caving in.
To say we tried, but couldn`t agree, and walked I would have respected them. Also, it would have focused the rats mind a bit.

lost all credibility with SCC. Bottlers.

I would have had more respect for SCC if they had walked away stating that this is what is on offer take it or leave it? Rather than giving in to the rats demands and caving in.
To say we tried, but couldn`t agree, and walked I would have respected them. Also, it would have focused the rats mind a bit.

lost all credibility with SCC. Bottlers.

Playing devil's advocate, how does it focus the mind if the council walk away?

Do you understand what walking away entails?

Playing devil's advocate, how does it focus the mind if the council walk away?

Do you understand what walking away entails?
Yes, I don`t think if they all stood up in the room and left that rat boy wouldn`t change his tune?

He needs it as much as we do. They need to stand their ground and not be afraid of him dictating what he wants!!?

When will it ever end? He is in total control, using the club as his bargaining chip!

Oh I see, so its not ok to use SBC headed paper because of the up coming election purdah rules but its ok to send out on Labour Headed Paper as 'Leader of the Council'

Whos advising Daniel Clown - Alastair Campbell
You were for the first time correct- up until your last paragraph…and then it all went wrong again….

Yet again Ron has played everyone and yet again we as a fanbase have let him.

The new council being fooled isn't surprising, the shrimpers trust doing nothing public to apply real pressure is woeful

• Purdah rules for local councils :-

• Do not publish any publicity on controversial issues or report views on proposals in a way which identifies them with candidates or Parties.
Which is why it not on official SBC letterhead rather his as an individual councillor and as he has been advised to do to stay within the rules

That little weasle Jack shouldn't get off so lightly either. He's negotiating on behalf of Citizen Housing, in which he owns 50%. Ron Martin has nothing to do with Citizen Housing,,,,on paper. But yes, he probably pulls the strings and probably has part, or all of Jack's stake, just not officially. A bit like Cricko mentioned earlier, Ron Martin's Mansion being in the wife's name, but we all know who's house it really is. The Martin's greed for more is grotesque. It's like they have zero feelings for the club and supporters.

Yes, I don`t think if they all stood up in the room and left that rat boy wouldn`t change his tune?

He needs it as much as we do. They need to stand their ground and not be afraid of him dictating what he wants!!?

When will it ever end? He is in total control, using the club as his bargaining chip!

Oh so not walking away, but calling his bluff?

Like he's done to them today you mean?

Nah, I'd rather an elected council didn't to that to be fair.

So a summary of the position -
- the council set red lines and deadlines for today,
- the 🐀’s have strung everyone along all week saying the deal can be struck
- Today they have reneged and tried to better the deal for themselves
- The council have folded and given in, tearing up their own ultimatum’s.

So the 🐀’s have won, they now know the council have no balls and will fold to their demands, inch by inch, back into the deal that the 🐀’s want.

Surely now is the time for mass protests, as others have said, the club and everyone is being played here. I’m afraid I no longer have faith in the council or local politicians safe guarding our future, they are just toying with the fan base playing the Martin game. The club is gone due to one man’s greed and a pathetic council
Or the trust … or the trust Danny boy

The Council will get it in the neck whatever they do. If they can broker this and get it across the line then they should do their best to do so. Huge call to play chicken with Ron and then be blamed for walking away and 119 years of history going with it. From where I am sitting I couldn’t have asked for the new councillor to do any more.

I’m not surprised Ron countered, it’s business. I’d imagine this will all get sorted but more pain for all of us until it does, and another season of hope dashed. Some of us are getting too old for all of this.

Back