• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

It doesn't matter if he is up for election or not. If there is an election period then he cannot do anything involving official council channels.
You can't be 'electioneering' if you yourself are not up for election.

If you are COSU, how can you look at that “update” and feel more comfortable with the situation?…

Some form of verbal agreement with the Rats at the 11th hour, after they reneged on last nights verbal agreement doesn’t exactly seem hugely positive, or am I missing something? SCC have had to concede ground here...

HOT may follow if the advisors sign off on it etc.

What about the security? (Although appreciate that’s not to do with SCC)

Or the DD timeline?

Trying to remain positive, but that is a long way from what COSU requested isn’t it?
A long way from it, HOT still to be agreed, so that still leaves room for RM to move the goal posts again. It’s no closer to being finalised

No, that's been explained a while ago - can't give a statement via the council due to the election purdah rules.
Oh I see, so its not ok to use SBC headed paper because of the up coming election purdah rules but its ok to send out on Labour Headed Paper as 'Leader of the Council'

Whos advising Daniel Clown - Alastair Campbell

Blatant Electioneering from Daniel Clown. A statement from the leader of the Council should be on Council Headed Paper not Labour Party Headed Paper.
You can read this bloke from a mile off, bit more of a delay and then just before election day he will make an agreement, dressing himself up as the Saviour of Southend United.
What a complete phoney.
can't, pre-election period

So a summary of the position -
- the council set red lines and deadlines for today,
- the 🐀’s have strung everyone along all week saying the deal can be struck
- Today they have reneged and tried to better the deal for themselves
- The council have folded and given in, tearing up their own ultimatum’s.

So the 🐀’s have won, they now know the council have no balls and will fold to their demands, inch by inch, back into the deal that the 🐀’s want.

Surely now is the time for mass protests, as others have said, the club and everyone is being played here. I’m afraid I no longer have faith in the council or local politicians safe guarding our future, they are just toying with the fan base playing the Martin game. The club is gone due to one man’s greed and a pathetic council

So a summary of the position -
- the council set red lines and deadlines for today,
- the 🐀’s have strung everyone along all week saying the deal can be struck
- Today they have reneged and tried to better the deal for themselves
- The council have folded and given in, tearing up their own ultimatum’s.

So the 🐀’s have won, they now know the council have no balls and will fold to their demands, inch by inch, back into the deal that the 🐀’s want.

Surely now is the time for mass protests, as others have said, the club and everyone is being played here. I’m afraid I no longer have faith in the council or local politicians safe guarding our future, they are just toying with the fan base playing the Martin game. The club is gone due to one man’s greed and pathetic council

I'd like to protest about your excessive use of emojis.

My take on this is that as utterly annoying this seems surely we’re still very close and they’ve not stopped negotiating, so in theory what’s to stop them trying to close the deal on Monday? We’d still have 2 days left before the petition. I can’t see COSU walking away before the petition is heard.

So, now we wait for a COSU response/statement

Early morning in Australia so suspect some time tomorrow

My take on this is that as utterly annoying this seems surely we’re still very close and they’ve not stopped negotiating, so in theory what’s to stop them trying to close the deal on Monday? We’d still have 2 days left before the petition. I can’t see COSU walking away before the petition is heard.
Jesus Christ I can’t cope with another can kicked down the road and waiting for another date.

This really is soul destroying. I just want an end either way, to be saved or killed. It’s the waiting and not knowing that is making it unbearable.

Back