• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? Council / Citizen Housing agree new Heads of Terms 26 June

At least Cllr Cowan has had the decency to update. Not exactly the brevity we wanted however.

Forget about it until Monday. Enjoy your weekend.
The problem is the update says they have spent the week setting out their requirements to Citizen Housing, who will receive the information Monday. They will want at least a week to review and no doubt counter, then the cycle starts again. A week on and nothing has changed

Yes remain positive- but the deadline was never, actually a deadline it appears…SCC will set out their requirements on Monday so clearly nothing was agreed previously.. somewhere, somehow, someone has to grasp the idea that at some point their needs to be a deadline- I assume the winding up petition is actually still the immovable date..
Steps 1, 2 and 3 remain incomplete

I actually put out a tweet to Cllr Lydia Hyde a couple of days ago about the whole saga is not looking good at the moment ect. Her reply back basically stated that the deal doesn’t need to be completed in time for the WUP. Make of that as you will

That line “Cosu confirmed to us that they did not set a deadline” actually kind of feels me with confidence a tad. Maybe everyone involved just wants to get this done. What do you guys (and ladies if there’s any) make of that?
Spot on. Ron and Jack need this to happen or they’re finished. My understanding is that they’ve finally figured out that they don’t have any leverage and they need to agree to the council’s proposal. COSU did not have a firm deadline but I believe that certain important members of the consortium may have backed out today if not for this seismic shift in the Martins’ willingness to play ball.

At least cll Cowens is keeping the fans and the consortium up to date So we can watch the weekend games having a weekend off from all that speculation as to what may or may not happen.

The problem is the update says they have spent the week setting out their requirements to Citizen Housing, who will receive the information Monday. They will want at least a week to review and no doubt counter, then the cycle starts again. A week on and nothing has changed
Which implies their email last weekend didn't agree to everything the council said.

Yep. But at some point SCC are going to have to grow some balls and issue a take it or leave it approach. For too long this family has taken the ****. It ends this month, either way.

He kind of can in a way. Especially if he is also getting updates from either Cosu or Cllr Cowan. Just can’t sign any players which I think can wait anyway we have a decent squad anyway plus we could just sign players along the way.
You can't necessarily sign your first choice players along the way. I'd be pretty fuming if I were Kev

You can't necessarily sign your first choice players along the way. I'd be pretty fuming if I were Kev
First choices are long gone but we do have a little trick up our sleeves in John Still. He will no doubt be looking at more wonder kids/gems. Maybe we broaden our search for players abroad? Don’t always have to look around in this country…

Yep. But at some point SCC are going to have to grow some balls and issue a take it or leave it approach. For too long this family has taken the ****. It ends this month, either way.
Actually he has provided a response on X to my query that nothing has moved, which provides further clarification

First choices are long gone but we do have a little trick up our sleeves in John Still. He will no doubt be looking at more wonder kids/gems. Maybe we broaden our search for players abroad? Don’t always have to look around in this country…
Well quite, although I'm not sure we have the resources for an overseas scouting network.

I think we can safely say the start of the season has already been compromised, and the longer the embargo goes on the more compromised it becomes.

Back