• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

That's so strange. He has never mentioned it. He hasn't mentioned the esimated value of the charges, he hasn't mentioned the additional charges from CBRE on Thames Plaza ltd and other entities owned by Jack Martin and he certainly hasn't drafted a letter to go to Tim Perkin, CBRE's head of loan recovery.

I wonder if that is enough sarcasm now
Apologies. It was late and I didn't read your post as sarcasm. That's on me.

Still good to know the appropriate response from a trust representative was sarcasm in this instance.

There seems some confusion about what was expected by the end of this week. It wasn’t just items 1 and 2. Significant positive results re 1 and 2 may allow a little leeway on 3 but what was said is below:

For COSU to continue funding the Club and complete the takeover, including reaching payment agreements with the creditors on the winding up petition, we have communicated to the Council and the Martins that we require the following three things:

1. A revised set of terms for the property contract that all parties are committed to closing.

2. An updated scope and realistic timeline for the remaining council due diligence work.

3. An agreement with the Martins to provide security for the further funds COSU will need to inject prior to the takeover.

We see no reason why these criteria cannot be met next week if all parties act reasonably and with focus.

If we reach an agreement, COSU will work with creditors and the league to lift the embargo and release season tickets.

While the situation is outside of our control, COSU wants to assure Southend fans that we are doing as much as possible to prepare for the new season in parallel so that if the deal does complete, we will hit the ground running.

6pm is my guess when the statement from SCC comes out. That way IF it is positive we can all have a nice relaxing weekend and start looking forward to going to that first game of the season. May I just add with the squad we have atm we’re HMS p**s the league anyway. Danny Waldron will be banging in goals for us 25+ imo.
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't hear anything until Monday

Back