• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

When will the takeover go through? The Waiting Game...

My understanding is that COSU run the club on a day to day basis, hence, new pitch, training ground maintenance and the signings last season after the embargo is lifted. therefore any money obtained by the club for ST will not be touched by Ron. Have more faith in this due to the fact that TL is our CEO and also on the COSU board. Anyone not purchasing ST due to 'Ron still being in charge' are misguided. If you want to get this clarified just drop TL an email. He normally responds fairly promptly or maybe ask the Trust for clarify as they are in constant communications with COSU and in particular JR. If RM was still in charge of the financials ST would have been on sale weeks ago as hed want to pocket the money. The fact that it is COSU that are calling the shots on this should give you the reassurances you need. Maybe im naive but thats my understanding
This is correct.

Let's keep the chat to the potential takeover shall we, rather than my **** is bigger than yours, so and so is/isn't ITK, I am a superfan because I am/am not purchasing a season card with Ron here etc.

We all support the club in our own way based on our own beliefs and circumstances. There is no wrong way. It is Ron that has caused this confusion, anger and divide amongst us. We all want the same thing, Ratty gone. Let's focus on that.

We await an update from SCC later today (hopefully)...

It’s more complex than just saying I support a club therefore I will buy a season ticket. I’ve had one throughout 24 of the last 25 years under Ron but there comes a time when you ask yourself if by continuing to buy one you aren’t then part of the problem?

I’m certainly conflicted about this decision and I completely understand those who have different views but I wonder where we might have been now if years ago more people said No Enough is Enough. I’ve had this conversation with one of COSU and they get it.

Cant wait to be back with my boy where I know our money is being invested and not stolen to pay legal fees.

It’s more complex than just saying I support a club therefore I will buy a season ticket. I’ve had one throughout 24 of the last 25 years under Ron but there comes a time when you ask yourself if by continuing to buy one you aren’t then part of the problem?

I’m certainly conflicted about this decision and I completely understand those who have different views but I wonder where we might have been now if years ago more people said No Enough is Enough. I’ve had this conversation with one of COSU and they get it.

Cant wait to be back with my boy where I know our money is being invested and not stolen to pay legal fees.
If people had deserted the club then I think RM would have seen this as a green light to shut it down and have two building sites. The people who have supported the club in its darkest hours should be applauded. Who would want a bankrupt club with no support?

Hmmmm 🤔 How do we read this post?

My gut says things not moved and still dithering by RM

Two ways.

1. SCC have reached agreement with Rat/Rat Jr. :Clap:

2. SCC have not reached agreement with Rat/Rat Jr. Further discussion required. :Snore:

I'm sure all will be made clearer with an SCC statement this evening.

Two ways.

2. SCC have not reached agreement with Rat/Rat Jr. Further discussion required. :Snore:

Hoping it’s the first one. Super Danny Cowan will hopefully get this sorted 🤞

This 👇

Two ways.

I don’t expect any other news today or any statement from COSU either.

All eyes on the Council.

I'd be ****ing astounded if we don't get an update from the consortium this evening or by 10 am tomorrow.

They've set a deadline (rightly so) but this deadline potentially affects thousands of us too.

If this drags over the weekend without a meaningful update, after preaching communication, I'll be very concerned.

That's concerning to hear. Especially since I exchanged emails with Paul rasing it as a concern on 17.05.23
That's so strange. He has never mentioned it. He hasn't mentioned the esimated value of the charges, he hasn't mentioned the additional charges from CBRE on Thames Plaza ltd and other entities owned by Jack Martin and he certainly hasn't drafted a letter to go to Tim Perkin, CBRE's head of loan recovery.

I wonder if that is enough sarcasm now

Back