• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Just been persuaded to get the wife and kids a dog. We now have a French Bulldog in the house and he is sooooooo cute.:smile: Currently snoring his head off by my feet.

Up to Coventry way to do a quick presentation to some graduates, and who is running the course but an old mate who I haven't seen in years! Small world.

My son is going to start reading at school this week. :smile:

His twin sister has been learning for a while now, so it's good that they both have their 'reading record' even if he will be a bit behind her.

They don't start 'proper' school (reception class) until September so I'm delighted with the progress they are making.

His twin sister has been learning for a while now, so it's good that they both have their 'reading record' even if he will be a bit behind her.

They don't start 'proper' school (reception class) until September so I'm delighted with the progress they are making.

It is lovely to hear that there are still some good parents out there. The amount of times i see kids running around up and down in restaurants and getting in your way whilst parents are sitting on their fat arses doing nothing but have a fag in their hand and writing their latest Facebook status. Many kids have no respect for anyone anymore and it is mainly the parents fault.

Anyway i have ranted on too much and it is lovely to see them all ready for reception!

I know you and Mrs Uncle Leo (should that be Auntie Leo?) will be right behind them in their reading, always make time for them to read aloud and to lots of different people whenever possible. That 10 minutes or so a day at this stage dedicated to them is magical and so important.

Nice one - must say MK Jnr is struggling a bit (it's a nightmare to keep her attention), but it doesn't help that she's the youngest in her class, and will be only just 4 in September when she starts real school.

Not worried, she'll get there and catch up.

Nice one - must say MK Jnr is struggling a bit (it's a nightmare to keep her attention), but it doesn't help that she's the youngest in her class, and will be only just 4 in September when she starts real school.

Not worried, she'll get there and catch up.
She will, just don't put too much pressure on and she will be fine, get her to start recognising road and shop signs, labels in the supermarket etc., it'll come.

while we're on the kids/reading vibe. Our lad absolutely loves going over to his little bookcase, picking a book out, toddling back to you and sitting and turning the pages. Not so fussed by the stories at the moment, but loves interacting with books and sitting with you to look at them. Seeing as his parents are bookworms we're both pretty chuffed so far.

while we're on the kids/reading vibe. Our lad absolutely loves going over to his little bookcase, picking a book out, toddling back to you and sitting and turning the pages. Not so fussed by the stories at the moment, but loves interacting with books and sitting with you to look at them. Seeing as his parents are bookworms we're both pretty chuffed so far.

Yep, that's a good start, he'll start "reading" the familiar stories to you. It's an absolute privilege to watch a child's mind develop, enjoy!

Yep, that's a good start, he'll start "reading" the familiar stories to you. It's an absolute privilege to watch a child's mind develop, enjoy!

Yep. We finished of Paradise Lost last night at bedtime, and going to start with some Thomas Pynchon today:smile:

That's how our two started. We read with them every night. Or at least we do with the youngest. The older one now reads to himself.

Back