• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

MK Jnr met ParaTriathlete Jimmy Goddard at school today and was suitably blown away - have to keep an eye out on him in Rio. She also was singing along to One Direction earlier at the top of her lungs - I did think of posting this in the "hacking off" thread, but you know what, she loves the song and who am I to come over like a grumpy old git and try to get her listen to Oasis? Made me smile :smile:

Southend United signing someone who ends up in jail 8 days later. That's before he's even got round to pulling on a Southend shirt.

It's like something out of 11 men against 11.

Something so gloriously inept that you can only laugh at it; something so amateurishly endearing and unexpected that it almost restores your faith in your club's ability to surprise you (even if it's a re-hash of an old script) after all these years.

Southend United, please don't ever change*

*Except the manager. Feel free to change him.

She also was singing along to One Direction earlier at the top of her lungs - I did think of posting this in the "hacking off" thread, but you know what, she loves the song and who am I to come over like a grumpy old git and try to get her listen to Oasis? Made me smile :smile:
I love children's innocence when it comes to music - they love it for nothing more than the pure joy of it. My kids love singing along to the latest pop stuff on Heart FM, and then in the next breath I've had them bouncing around to Bruce Springsteen, RJD2, Fugazi, and dozens of other disparate things. Whatever moves them.

Last day of my 40s today and just like the last day of my thirties nothing feels different. I haven't actually celebrated a birthday since Twin Towers and tomorrow is no different. Don't get me wrong I will still mark the milestone but I plan to go hiking tomorrow. That's if the bloody rain stops. Almost incessant for 11 days now but HK copes very well with it

I love children's innocence when it comes to music - they love it for nothing more than the pure joy of it. My kids love singing along to the latest pop stuff on Heart FM, and then in the next breath I've had them bouncing around to Bruce Springsteen, RJD2, Fugazi, and dozens of other disparate things. Whatever moves them.

My kids almost always ask me to play Neil Diamond when we're in the car. I just know that in years to come they'll be embarrassed by that.

Me thinks you rate yourself way to highly as these days you are a pussy cat compared to the old angry you.

Lol, I have no wish to return to the old angry me! I might have been considerably thinner than I am now, but it was all down to stress surrounding the divorce and my mental state at the time. So much happier now :smile:

A WhatsApp message from my sister.

"Junior Blues????"

Yes, the Junior Blues welcome packs for my nieces, ordered without my sister knowing, have arrived :smile:

Surprise 50th for me at work. Brilliantly hidden from me and I thought I was just going for a meeting. Sore head this morning ha ha.

Working from home today. Two loads of washing, made a lasagne, making crab apple & pear jelly, might clean the fridge later. :thumbsup:

Back