• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question What is making you happy today?

Do you support Russia or Slovakia?

Ha! Turns out our office wallchart is really badly formatted. We've all read it wrong here...

*Slow news clap for The Evening Standard*

(I'll be in Paris on Thursday 16th when England play Wales so no need to worry about work commitments there!)

Ha! Turns out our office wallchart is really badly formatted. We've all read it wrong here...

*Slow news clap for The Evening Standard*

(I'll be in Paris on Thursday 16th when England play Wales so no need to worry about work commitments there!)

My work are just as bad, fact of the day on the intranet is that the euros kick off today

Just booked a trip to Burgh Island for the missus' 40th next year. We've both wanted to go for as long as we can remember - very happy, very excited, must remember to keep it on the QT for the next 7 months :'(

Just booked a trip to Burgh Island for the missus' 40th next year. We've both wanted to go for as long as we can remember - very happy, very excited, must remember to keep it on the QT for the next 7 months :'(

Is it an island full of Chris DeBurghs? Sounds like a living hell. :stunned:

Mrs is round a friend house for a few bottles of wine tonight so I will be putting kids to bed, ordering food and sitting in front of the France v Romania game with no interruptions what so ever splendid!

That would be amazing... but no. It's a 1930s hotel on a tidal island across from mainland Devon. Agatha Christie and Noel Coward both stayed there among others.

Featured in many films depicting that era too, including some of the Dame's herself! Very envious, please let me know your thoughts when you come back as it's somewhere I'd love to go.

Yuk. Really the previous owners should have got a cleaning company in before they moved. Our vendors have got a great big husky and I've made sure that that's part of the contract.

Buying's not like renting, nothing to say you have to leave a house clean when you sell up. Of course, it's a reflection on you if you don't but by the time you've turned the lock for the last time, do you really care? I think you're wise to have asked for the carpets to be cleaned but not something that's normally done.

Featured in many films depicting that era too, including some of the Dame's herself! Very envious, please let me know your thoughts when you come back as it's somewhere I'd love to go.

Buying's not like renting, nothing to say you have to leave a house clean when you sell up. Of course, it's a reflection on you if you don't but by the time you've turned the lock for the last time, do you really care? I think you're wise to have asked for the carpets to be cleaned but not something that's normally done.

When my parents moved into their house a year or so ago the previous owners left it in a right **** state. Unfortunately when I move out of a house it has to look better than when I moved in otherwise I get charged!

I'll do that. Did a lot of research before booking and the general consensus is that while all the rooms are very nice, it's worth maxing out your budget, so I've booked a top floor suite with a balcony that has views to the west and the north. Hoping to do the black tie evening do in the ballroom on the Saturday as well. Should be special.

Although it took longer than expected I got my motorbike back today after having the wheels resprayed. Just needs a single seat cowl then it will be perfect!

On Saturday my son played his first ever tennis match for the U8s team. They won 11-5, and he won 3 of his 4 matches.

He was obviously nervous going into the first match, and pretty much forgot everything he's been taught, but he concentrated on the important thing, which was to get the ball in. After that he really settled down and played some really great tennis (especially one lob that completely bamboozled his opponent and surprised everyone watching) and only lost his last match when the overall match was well and truly won.

I was so proud of him.

On Saturday my son played his first ever tennis match for the U8s team. They won 11-5, and he won 3 of his 4 matches.

He was obviously nervous going into the first match, and pretty much forgot everything he's been taught, but he concentrated on the important thing, which was to get the ball in. After that he really settled down and played some really great tennis (especially one lob that completely bamboozled his opponent and surprised everyone watching) and only lost his last match when the overall match was well and truly won.

I was so proud of him.

Top work. We need some tennis players after Murray retires. And he's English which is a boon :smile:

Top work. We need some tennis players after Murray retires. And he's English which is a boon :smile:

If his blind optimism is anything to go by he's already better than Murray, and has been for almost 3 years. (Within about 2 seconds of Murray winning Wimbledon he came out with: "If I played against Murray I'd definitely win."

Back