• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Olympics opening ceremony.

Looks like a **** day on the Norfolk Broads
It turns out they used all those freaks to mock the last supper and Christianity. The large lady in the middle in blue with tatoos, was representing Jesus. Absolutely disgusting to use the top sporting event in the world, to mock any religion. Shame on the Olympic Committee to allow this.

paris-olympics-mocks-last-supper-1722068238.jpg

Last edited:
It turns out they used all those freaks to mock the last supper and Christianity. The large lady in the middle in blue with tatoos, was representing Jesus. Absolutely disgusting to use the top sporting event in the world, to mock any religion. Shame on the Olympic Committee to allow this.

Yes you are absolutely right shame on them and if they ever did this to Harry Potter I’d be fuming too.
French Catholics are not happy.
Ps.
I’m not a fan of the pottster but I am a fan of humor.

I find the use of the word 'freaks' is far more offensive than a parody of a painting of an arguably fictitious event

I find the use of the word 'freaks' is far more offensive than a parody of a painting of an arguably fictitious event
Yes, I should have studied the photo more closely. They have managed to include a poor child in all of this nonsense. I am definitely not calling the child a freak. This is going out to the World. There are millions of children watching that opening ceremony asking parents why one of the featured dancers is dressed as a woman but sporting a beard. That conversation shouldn't be happening at the opening of the Olympics.
What has this opening ceremony got to do with the best athletes in the World?

Yes, I should have studied the photo more closely. They have managed to include a poor child in all of this nonsense. I am definitely not calling the child a freak. This is going out to the World. There are millions of children watching that opening ceremony asking parents why one of the featured dancers is dressed as a woman but sporting a beard. That conversation shouldn't be happening at the opening of the Olympics.
What has this opening ceremony got to do with the best athletes in the World?
In response to your last remark I would suggest about as much as the queen meeting James Bond in 2012!
Going back to the parody I think those of us of a certain age need to accept that the world is changing, the old order and the certainties that we grew up with are no longer recognised by younger generations who are far more accepting of diversity in the hunan race, which can only be a good thing, surely

In response to your last remark I would suggest about as much as the queen meeting James Bond in 2012!
Going back to the parody I think those of us of a certain age need to accept that the world is changing, the old order and the certainties that we grew up with are no longer recognised by younger generations who are far more accepting of diversity in the hunan race, which can only be a good thing, surely
The World has changed massively in the last 20 years especially. Woke has taken over, some say for the best, some say for the worst, I'm in for the worst camp, but I understand the other side. Gay, Trans etc, are more open, and have many days and events to celebrate, to which I have no problem at all. But the Olympics ceremony is not about being gay or trans, or about trans or gays being used to mock one religion. It should be above that. People should be saying what a fantastic opening ceremony, instead of the backlash from around the world.

Politics alert! By the by the French love a bit of controversy - but would have learned the hard way not to offend any Middle Eastern religions after the Hebdo affair.

The World has changed massively in the last 20 years especially. Woke has taken over, some say for the best, some say for the worst, I'm in for the worst camp, but I understand the other side. Gay, Trans etc, are more open, and have many days and events to celebrate, to which I have no problem at all. But the Olympics ceremony is not about being gay or trans, or about trans or gays being used to mock one religion. It should be above that. People should be saying what a fantastic opening ceremony, instead of the backlash from around the world.

I didn’t watch the Opening Ceremony as interpretative dance and parades isn’t my thing but its pretty shocking that this reenactment of a painting thing was on for four whole hours.

ps For the sake of your blood pressure don’t take the grandchildren to a panto.

They have cancelled the triathlon swimming practice in The Seine blaming the rain. Nothing to do with the endless flotilla of barges on Friday evening?

Yapping little **** of a dog next door. Whenever it's out in the garden it just yaps the whole time....early morning, during the day, well into the evening. The owners (parents early 40s, two late primary school age kids) all seem to be totally oblivious and immune to it. What I call a selfish noise - if the dog had been trained better, then it wouldn't do it so much.

My friend lives opposite a house that has chickens and a cockerel in their back garden. The cocka doodle doo sound of the cockerel is driving them nuts, and all the other neighbours, especially at 5 or 6am. This apparently happens when light enters the coop first thing, and can go on for up to an hour. It also happens every hour in small bursts throughout the day. A yappy dog is just as bad. These owners are very selfish, and it's like they are oblivious to these most annoying sounds. Are they used to it, or they just don't care about neighbours peace and quiet?

My friend lives opposite a house that has chickens and a cockerel in their back garden. The cocka doodle doo sound of the cockerel is driving them nuts, and all the other neighbours, especially at 5 or 6am. This apparently happens when light enters the coop first thing, and can go on for up to an hour. It also happens every hour in small bursts throughout the day. A yappy dog is just as bad. These owners are very selfish, and it's like they are oblivious to these most annoying sounds. Are they used to it, or they just don't care about neighbours peace and quiet?
Sounds like these animals are mocking the Bible about loving thy neighbour. When will it all end?

The latest is that the Olympic official youtube channel have pulled their opening ceremony video after a world wide backlash. It may be replaced later by a much edited version. They not only upset the Christians, but also Muslims, who had no objection to the mockery of Christians, but objected to the gays, trans and drag queens, and the suggested gay threesome in the library.
A major sponsor called C.Spire has pulled out of the Olympics, and more could follow, it's been reported.

Back