• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Microsoft. After a Microsoft update, it's all gone pear shaped. Microsoft are trying to shift the blame. Over 1000 flights cancelled and rising, and major queues forming at UK airports, as machines not working, and switching to manual. I have a mate that asked me to pick him up at Stansted at 11am. Now it could be anytime between 2pm and 8pm, as flight still grounded.
  • Major IT outages are hitting industries across the world, with airlines, banks and broadcasters affected
  • Queues are growing at many airports; American Airlines is one of several airlines to ground flights - it says problems are due to a Crowdstrike cybersecurity software issue
  • Microsoft says it's taking mitigation action, but the cause of the outage hasn't been confirmed
  • The majority of GP surgeries in England have been affected, the NHS says, with trains, shops and pharmacies in the UK also hit by issues
  • Earlier, Sky News was unable to broadcast live.

Microsoft. After a Microsoft update, it's all gone pear shaped. Microsoft are trying to shift the blame. Over 1000 flights cancelled and rising, and major queues forming at UK airports, as machines not working, and switching to manual. I have a mate that asked me to pick him up at Stansted at 11am. Now it could be anytime between 2pm and 8pm, as flight still grounded.
  • Major IT outages are hitting industries across the world, with airlines, banks and broadcasters affected
  • Queues are growing at many airports; American Airlines is one of several airlines to ground flights - it says problems are due to a Crowdstrike cybersecurity software issue
  • Microsoft says it's taking mitigation action, but the cause of the outage hasn't been confirmed
  • The majority of GP surgeries in England have been affected, the NHS says, with trains, shops and pharmacies in the UK also hit by issues
Surely that's good news? :Smile:

Work tonight should be interesting then

All the weather forecasts I have looked at suggest that there is 0% chance of rain today. So what's that stuff that's coming down from the sky now?

Every cloud has a silver lining :Smile:

My next door neighbours have recently made the jump from cigarettes to vaping. Good idea on the health front, but copping a huge whiff of stinky strawberry smell every 30 mins almost makes me hanker for the fag smoke of old. I also keep thinking one of them has caught fire as masses of steam generator smoke billows over the fence.

My next door neighbours have recently made the jump from cigarettes to vaping. Good idea on the health front, but copping a huge whiff of stinky strawberry smell every 30 mins almost makes me hanker for the fag smoke of old. I also keep thinking one of them has caught fire as masses of steam generator smoke billows over the fence.

You know mate, if you’re breathing in their vape smoke, you really should be contributing towards it.

It’s not cheap afterall. Don’t be selfish

Bummer. There is going to be a lot of that soon if rates stay up here and the old sub 2.5 to 3.5 fixes start running out for people. Although rate cuts do appear to be on the horizon
Now got to see if the vendor and mortgage company agree on the new value. Already incurred some major costs in legal and mortgage fees, don't want it all to go to waste.

Purchased something online and after clicking the purchase button I noticed that I entered my last 3 digits from the back of the card incorrectly.

I didn't need to worry though as the purchase just sailed through. Makes me wonder how good the security of credit / debit cards actually is.

Back