• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yeah I used to walk 40 mins to school and there were flashers and weirdos about then as well .. only “off the road” though. You just knew where to avoid. Not once was I dropped at the school gates, from 11 onwards. Kids at my son’s school get the train from Barking & Dagenham ..
My eldest son gets a school bus, but sometimes has to get a train when the bus screws up. (The bus is much cheaper than the train.) He also has to get the train when he has a detention as we refuse to go and get him. The problem though, is that the train is much quicker than the bus so he gets home earlier if he gets a detention.

My eldest son gets a school bus, but sometimes has to get a train when the bus screws up. (The bus is much cheaper than the train.) He also has to get the train when he has a detention as we refuse to go and get him. The problem though, is that the train is much quicker than the bus so he gets home earlier if he gets a detention.
Luckily my son just has a 10 min walk from school to home.

We walk out eldest daughter to school (started Reception in September this year but has been going to the Nursery there since last September) The walk is 1/2 a mile and I read somewhere its good for kids to get some exercise before school as it wakes them up and makes them more attentive for the lessons.

Seems to be doing well in school so far (touch wood) and she is one of the youngest in the year (turned 4 3 days before the school cut off)

Standing in a queue of pensioners outside M&S

I am buying something for breakfast but I wonder what everyone else thinks they are going to miss if they aren't first in.
M & S especially in Rayleigh is God's waiting room on a Friday. More walking frames than cars in the car park.

Just stop oil protesters again, Ggrr. Yesterday I had to drive back from Eastbourne from helping a friend out down there. It took me 9 hours to get back. The protesters were doing a sit down on the M25 in different places, and climbing up gantry's. This morning one has just climbed up the gantry at the Dartford crossing, forcing them to close it. Miles and miles of queues have already formed. Police warning the drivers they could be stuck there for many hours.

We are as we speak generating 50% of our power by wind. Today's summary is

35.4 GW
CURRENT TOTAL
9.6 GW
FOSSIL FUELS - 27.1 %
20.7 GW
RENEWABLES - 58.5 %
5.1 GW
LOW CARBON - 14.4 %

Just saying

I would guess that those figures and the current glut of gas on the market should make energy prices lower but the actuality is huge profits being robbed off folks and businesses put under stress.
Keeps mine and TUIB's pension funds ticking over nicely. Swings and roundabouts. Of course my point in quoting the figures is that there is a plan for the UK to eventually be as low a carbon country as possible. May not be quick enough but compared to many countries it's pretty good. It does of course take time to transfer over. Wish China, South Korea, Australia, India et al would get in line

Back