• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I thought nobody had a pot to p*ss in but they can all find money for fireworks on 29th October :Angry:
I had it last night and it really puts me on edge. We didn’t get rocketed as bad as those that served in Iraq but any loud bang now really affects me.

My dogs struggle with it too. I really wish they would ban the sale of fireworks to the general public and only use them for public displays and events.

You prefer PC then?
No. Rather than trying to be clever with wrongfully chosen words having a little dig at me, I would rather you stop defending rapists, paedo's, perverts, voyeurs, just because they are a good singer and performers. We are obviously very different. You are a controversial character on here, and there's nothing wrong with that. It makes things interesting. I have both backed you up and agreed, and also disagreed in things you come out with. On this subject I am shocked at the stance you have taken. Sexual, abuse, rape, manipulation and paedophilia, sex with under age girls and voyeurism of little girls and all other age females in a toilet, are somethings that are unforgivable to me. I don't care how great they were on stage. These are your words in the Deadpool thread when we mentioned things he had done.... .Anyway as with Jerry Lee I prefer to remember Chuck Berry for his music (and for the times I saw him live).......Here's a challenge to you. You are clearly a very intelligent person. Much more intelligent than me I would say. I've just explained my side. Please explain your side. I would love to know why you think being a great stage performer trumps all the horrific, disgusting things mentioned above that these sexual deviants get up to.

No. Rather than trying to be clever with wrongfully chosen words having a little dig at me, I would rather you stop defending rapists, paedo's, perverts, voyeurs, just because they are a good singer and performers. We are obviously very different. You are a controversial character on here, and there's nothing wrong with that. It makes things interesting. I have both backed you up and agreed, and also disagreed in things you come out with. On this subject I am shocked at the stance you have taken. Sexual, abuse, rape, manipulation and paedophilia, sex with under age girls and voyeurism of little girls and all other age females in a toilet, are somethings that are unforgivable to me. I don't care how great they were on stage. These are your words in the Deadpool thread when we mentioned things he had done.... .Anyway as with Jerry Lee I prefer to remember Chuck Berry for his music (and for the times I saw him live).......Here's a challenge to you. You are clearly a very intelligent person. Much more intelligent than me I would say. I've just explained my side. Please explain your side. I would love to know why you think being a great stage performer trumps all the horrific, disgusting things mentioned above that these sexual deviants get up to.
I remain a huge fan of both Jerry Lee Lewis's and Chuck Berry's music as I've been ever since I first heard them when I was a teenager.That was a long time before I'd heard about the more unsavory aspects of their respective characters.As I've said, I don't think it's wise to judge people in the past (who are both now dead) by the standards of the present day.

Last edited:
Protestors arguing about an oak tree in Rochford (Holt Farm) Its blocking the building and entrance to 662 homes. That's a fair amount of homes to be eventually made available to people to live in. Can't live in a tree, no matter how nice it may look.

The developer is planning on planting a fair few number of trees to replace the tree being felled.

Protestors arguing about an oak tree in Rochford (Holt Farm) Its blocking the building and entrance to 662 homes. That's a fair amount of homes to be eventually made available to people to live in. Can't live in a tree, no matter how nice it may look.

The developer is planning on planting a fair few number of trees to replace the tree being felled.
I am with the tree huggers on this.
The developer of the new estate on Hall Road screwed the RDC (and residents) by weaseling out of some community building it was going to do and the "affordable" housing was largely bought by London Boroughs for the tenants they wanted to transplant.
Surely it would not be beyond wit of planners to keep tree and plant hundreds more, and try and get a traffic scheme to ease Ashingdon Road other than push bottle neck further toward the A127?

The developer of the new estate on Hall Road screwed the RDC (and residents) by weaseling out of some community building it was going to do and the "affordable" housing was largely bought by London Boroughs for the tenants they wanted to transplant.
Surely it would not be beyond wit of planners to keep tree and plant hundreds more, and try and get a traffic scheme to ease Ashingdon Road other than push bottle neck further toward the A127?

I used to go to Holt Farm School.

I don't care about the tree but the 'Speed Now' graffiti on the barrier by the bus shelter must be preserved.

I think the protesters are against the housing project and see the tree as a means to an end. I doubt if they will be successful. They are trying to raise cash for a judicial review of the planning process.
As an aside the developer is Bloor homes. Bloor owns Triumph motorcycles. One of my cousin's sons worked for them (now works for Jaguar). I've never heard anyone so proud of his job and the company he worked for as he was. He had a Rocket 3. He said it beat all the competitors Harley and Honda hands down but sales were disappointing. They did some research and the outcome was they basically did something clever with the crankcase? which lost power but made the engine go putt putt like a Harley. Sales went up. I stopped at a service station this summer and there were 4 Hell's Angels. 3 had Rocket 3s and one a Motoguzzi. Not a Harley Davidson in sight.

I believe the company in question is Bloor Homes. Round these parts their name is mud after they built a new housing estate on an old mental hospital. Part of their S.106 agreement was to upgrade a narrow bridge over a railway to accommodate the increased traffic. Their first attempt (done on the cheap) caused traffic chaos and led to kids being late to school and late for exams. The local council forced them to do it again which they did. In fairness that has worked well. But, about 2 years on (it could be longer) they still haven't completed the pedestrian part of the plan.

I believe that the removal of the oak tree allows for the developer (Bloor Homes) to implement a drop of area for parents in their Chelsea Tractors who clog up Ashingdon road during School drop off and collection. At least a designated drop off area would stop them mounting the kerb further up or down the road, parking and walking them the 100 yards or so to the gate and dropping off their kids, thus narrowing the road for traffic that wants to get through.

I'd imagine the school will have been given some cash as part of this tree removal and creation of the drop off area probably as part of its section 106 commitments. Its mentioned at the very bottom of an article from the Echo a couple of years ago. I wonder what the school would rather, a tree or a drop off zone and a bit of cash to help balance their budgets.

I live by a school and the road is almost impassable from 8:45 - 09:05 and from 14:50 - 15:10 Outside of these times the road flows, neighbouring roads aren't littered with cars for 20 minutes while the parents drop off their kids and cars can get through as normal.

I don't remember so many people getting dropped off in cars when I went to infants and juniors 30 / 35 years ago. Even when it was tipping it down i'm sure we still walked.

I can honestly say I never once got dropped off. or picked up from school. In those days it tended to be just our Dad's only that had cars, and they went to work long before school started. So on the bus, sometimes by bike, but most days walking from one end of Leigh to the other to Belfairs High for boys. About 2 miles. I walked every day to school at Chalkwell as well, juniors and infants. Yes folks, even as infants, we walked to school, normally with other kids. Nowadays, nearly every kid at infants and juniors gets picked up and delivered to school. Ashingdon Road gets it particularly bad, I must say having been stuck in the traffic many times because of the school run. 4X4s parking anywhere along there they can, cause havoc, sometimes blocking a bus, which then blocks the traffic.

Last edited:
It is the same outside the local schools to me now, Earl's Hall and Southend Boys; both seem to have too many parents with entitlement.
I can less understand the senior school as the boys ought to be old enough, safe enough to make a simple journey themselves: those that train it in from the edges of London seem to?
As for the infants and juniors then that is where the damage is being done with the children not being taught simple exercise, time management and road safety.
As for it being less safe these days, that is a false idea, Hindley and Brady types have always been at loose, and roads are statistically much safer for driver and Walker, if not for cyclists.

It is the same outside the local schools to me now, Earl's Hall and Southend Boys; both seem to have too many parents with entitlement.
I can less understand the senior school as the boys ought to be old enough, safe enough to make a simple journey themselves: those that train it in from the edges of London seem to?
As for the infants and juniors then that is where the damage is being done with the children not being taught simple exercise, time management and road safety.
As for it being less safe these days, that is a false idea, Hindley and Brady types have always been at loose, and roads are statistically much safer for driver and Walker, if not for cyclists.
Back in the day always used to walk to Earl Hall Primary School,Eastwood HS. then Westcliff HS but times have changed.

Yeah I used to walk 40 mins to school and there were flashers and weirdos about then as well .. only “off the road” though. You just knew where to avoid. Not once was I dropped at the school gates, from 11 onwards. Kids at my son’s school get the train from Barking & Dagenham ..

Back