• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Time is the ultimate currency and life is to short to watch **** like this.

I use my commute for self improvement.

Really? On the rare occurance I'm in London I use it to do anything but. 13 years until retirement, winging it all the way. :smile:

I got lucky, in that when I joined British Rail at 17, you had no option to join the pension scheme. At that age I was mightily peed off, as that was beer money going out of my meagre wages, but here I am, over 30+ years later thanking my lucky stars that they did.

I am also of the age that got 100% mortgages, benefitted from huge increases in house prices and my University degree was paid for by work.

I am one jammy mo-fo I know.

I got lucky, in that when I joined British Rail at 17, you had no option to join the pension scheme. At that age I was mightily peed off, as that was beer money going out of my meagre wages, but here I am, over 30+ years later thanking my lucky stars that they did.

I am also of the age that got 100% mortgages, benefitted from huge increases in house prices and my University degree was paid for by work.

And yet you still find so many many things to moan about

The more I read, the more ****ed off I got with a hedgehog I've never met!!

61 this year, now just work 3 days a week. 40 years of all the crap in my roles of being Production/Works/ Sales/ & Planning Manager enough for me. Finances ok for around 6 years, after that who knows?. Got to get there first!
By that time at least one or two family members will have departed this life, so hopefully my inheritance will keep me plodding on.
If not, then expect another old beggar on the streets of Leigh on Sea!.

Bloody hell, 56, lost 4 years 11 months and a week of pension with HSBC because no-one told me I needed to work for 5 years when I left the first time so what's left is reduced and then subject to the travesties of "clawback". Neither that nor the small pension from Essex County Council available to me - not that they're worth having. Mortgage still has another 9 years to run. Now working longer hours than I EVER have despite being part time! :sad:

Having a friend cancel an airport run on me at very short notice. Only found out when I phoned them to double check the times

Bloody hell, 56, lost 4 years 11 months and a week of pension with HSBC because no-one told me I needed to work for 5 years when I left the first time so what's left is reduced and then subject to the travesties of "clawback". Neither that nor the small pension from Essex County Council available to me - not that they're worth having. Mortgage still has another 9 years to run. Now working longer hours than I EVER have despite being part time! :sad:

Ouch. That's brutal.

Back