• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm not sure if its making me happy or hacking me off, but I seem to becoming addicted to Minecraft. :unsure:

Metro carriages on the 0627 C2C from Benfleet.

They raise fares whilst providing fewer seats. Standing room only by Basildon.

Absolute *******s.

A millenial young 'un brewing up some fancy (and probably expensive) coffee with apparatus that wouldn't look out of place in a lab at the tea bar, when free is available from the jars. :facepalm:

How on earth can it be so hard to retrieve our Domain name.....FFS 2 hours, 5 phone calls and I have to send a ticket to a server we parted company with 5 years ago who kept it..still nothing.:nope:

Must be a shock considering how busy Nov/Dec is?

Only problem was that apart from Mad Friday and NY Eve it wasn’t that busy.

It's a total fallacy the idea that taxi drivers earn a lot of money. Yes, you get the odd good day, and certainly December is generally a good month - but you have to weigh that up against January and February which are very quiet by comparison. Both NYE and Christmas Eve weren't massive earners this year being on a Sunday and with people having had the Fridays and Saturdays before to go out on.

Kev didn't get to bed till 5.30 on New Year's Day and I know for a fact that he'd rather not have had to work NYE.

It's a total fallacy the idea that taxi drivers earn a lot of money. Yes, you get the odd good day, and certainly December is generally a good month - but you have to weigh that up against January and February which are very quiet by comparison. Both NYE and Christmas Eve weren't massive earners this year being on a Sunday and with people having had the Fridays and Saturdays before to go out on.

Kev didn't get to bed till 5.30 on New Year's Day and I know for a fact that he'd rather not have had to work NYE.

I didn't once say Taxi drivers were high earners! one of my Ex's dads was a taxi driver and I know how hard he worked and how many hours he put in just to keep a roof over their head and food on the table, all I was saying is generally speaking December is a busy period (it has been pointed out that this year not so much) and therefore it must be a shock to the system and pocket when January comes around.

Stub Hub

Just found out they don't pay you for tickets until after the event for which you sold tickets.

I am not desperate for the money but it seems rather unreasonable.

I didn't once say Taxi drivers were high earners! one of my Ex's dads was a taxi driver and I know how hard he worked and how many hours he put in just to keep a roof over their head and food on the table, all I was saying is generally speaking December is a busy period (it has been pointed out that this year not so much) and therefore it must be a shock to the system and pocket when January comes around.

Didn't say you did - just pointing out that some people think that's the case! I know last weekend was abysmal on the earnings front :sad:

Didn't say you did - just pointing out that some people think that's the case! I know last weekend was abysmal on the earnings front :sad:

Hope you kept your Turkey, to boil the bones for some broth this month!. On a serious note, have always thought that once the post Xmas sales have finished, how many people buy anything from Stellisons & Currys for example in Feb & March?. Obviously if your TV/ washing m/c etc break then you have to replace it, but if their staff get commission (?), then they must suffer a drop in salary?.

Hope you kept your Turkey, to boil the bones for some broth this month!. On a serious note, have always thought that once the post Xmas sales have finished, how many people buy anything from Stellisons & Currys for example in Feb & March?. Obviously if your TV/ washing m/c etc break then you have to replace it, but if their staff get commission (?), then they must suffer a drop in salary?.
People still shop throughout the year it’s more the Friday and Saturday nights which take a hit as a lot of people have no money left after Xmas. Personally I just start earlier on a Friday and Saturday and finish earlier. I also work early Sunday mornings to make up for any potential loss of earnings.

Back