• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

HR reminding us that "shorts at work are not allowed". Yet women can wear skirts and I bet some ARE wearing shorts.

Sexist! Tomorrow I shall pop on a mini skirt!

Seen to many kids on scooters, mopeds and similar machines in shorts and t shirts; IF and when they crash off they will be VERY VERY HURT. Ok it is hot but that is not clever. Who/where are their parents and mates with brains?

HR reminding us that "shorts at work are not allowed". Yet women can wear skirts and I bet some ARE wearing shorts.

Sexist! Tomorrow I shall pop on a mini skirt!

Back in the day when I still worked for a living, suits and ties were still the norm. Like you we got the HR bollocks on no shorts during a really hot spell, so one of my mates got his wife to convert a pair of suit trousers to just on the knee and he added some long socks and formal shoes. Shortly after tailored shorts were allowed in the really hot weather.

E-on threatening bailiffs for a 1500 pound bill that I did not accumulate, My ex stayed in the property after I left 2 and a half years ago and I let E-on know I had moved out and they said it was up to her to confirm this and set up her own tariff with them which she did but she did it in May this year so they are after me for 2 years worth of her electricity! ::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Oh, OK Word, I'll just sit here and wait while you Not Respond your way to the scrapheap. It's not like I have 8 other jobs to apply for or anything. Oh, and don't worry your little cotton socks if you being a complete douche means I miss this perfect job in Cheltenham (and specifically for English/Writing graduates to boot - suddenly my rant over on that degree thread seems a little less stable).

**** this, I'm off to Wordpad. That actually sodding works.

Oh, OK Word, I'll just sit here and wait while you Not Respond your way to the scrapheap. It's not like I have 8 other jobs to apply for or anything. Oh, and don't worry your little cotton socks if you being a complete douche means I miss this perfect job in Cheltenham (and specifically for English/Writing graduates to boot - suddenly my rant over on that degree thread seems a little less stable).

**** this, I'm off to Wordpad. That actually sodding works.

Bonkers just bonkers,if you are really needy then i need a muppet to work with me.

Back pain while bait digging this morning, tried a hot bath and diclofenic cream to no avail, only option left is a packet of frozen peas.

Seen to many kids on scooters, mopeds and similar machines in shorts and t shirts; IF and when they crash off they will be VERY VERY HURT. Ok it is hot but that is not clever. Who/where are their parents and mates with brains?

It's just as worrying that there is grown men who ride 600's/1000cc bikes in shorts and a t shirt. They should know better, they will soon learn when they lose all of their skin even in a slide at 30mph. I'd rather be hot and sweaty in leathers and have my skin than be cool and have no skin.

The ****ing weather last night and how spectacularly wrong the local forecasters got it! Storm was supposed to be to the north and west of the county....you can't get much further south and east where we are....plus daughter didn't get in from work till 2 a.m. so was also worrying about her! All added up to one of the worst nights of sleep for some time! :zzzzz:

The ****ing weather last night and how spectacularly wrong the local forecasters got it! Storm was supposed to be to the north and west of the county....you can't get much further south and east where we are....plus daughter didn't get in from work till 2 a.m. so was also worrying about her! All added up to one of the worst nights of sleep for some time! :zzzzz:

In fairness to the forecasters, that only means they were about 10 miles out, which is pretty damn accurate. Also, the BBC website/online app said there would be thunderstorms around our way, and there were.

It's almost impossible to predict the exact path a number of thunderstorms will take, so to be that accurate is actually pretty impressive.

One of the exams you have to take to gain your PPL is in meteorology. I'm sure we only learn the absolute basics, and hardly even scratch the surface, but you do get an insight into just how difficult weather forecasting is.

In fairness to the forecasters, that only means they were about 10 miles out, which is pretty damn accurate. Also, the BBC website/online app said there would be thunderstorms around our way, and there were.

It's almost impossible to predict the exact path a number of thunderstorms will take, so to be that accurate is actually pretty impressive.

One of the exams you have to take to gain your PPL is in meteorology. I'm sure we only learn the absolute basics, and hardly even scratch the surface, but you do get an insight into just how difficult weather forecasting is.

Bit more than 10 miles I'd have said, 10 miles isn't even as far as Chelmsford! The TV local forecast had them way up, more towards Herts.

I blame Smiffish for not alerting us! :winking:

As I mentioned a few posts back I got back ache from bait digging yesterday. Couldn't sleep on the bed as it was to painful, so decided that the armchair would have to do. This also proved to be painful so the living room floor was turned into a makeshift bed (mainly by chucking a pillow on it). To make matters worse during the lightning storm thoughts of 'Only fools and horses' where they are stuck in a cottage with a mad man on the loose, kept on running through my mind. Also my Mrs brought us a big cup of Pix and Mix from ASDA which I had beside me next to the chimney hearth. During the storm some old masonry come down the chimney straight into the cup of sweets.

Bit more than 10 miles I'd have said, 10 miles isn't even as far as Chelmsford! The TV local forecast had them way up, more towards Herts.

I blame Smiffish for not alerting us! :winking:

Fair enough. It is a bit further, but on a global scale, which the weather is, even 20 miles is pretty damn accurate.

Back