• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stanmore is about as close to London as my car ever goes.

Had a run round a sunny Regents Park today - that's how to enjoy London.

Aye, I've got a few half marathons in October and kickstarted my training this week with a few runs along the river on my way home from work. Great stuff.

Selfie stick prick

CDT_waZWYAAiEm5.jpg

Selfie stick prick

He'll have been asked to do that by the radio station.

Nothing to be annoyed about today, not even the fact I'm now expected to pay half for the 21st! It's a beautiful Friday morning and we have our final scheduled home game tomorrow - can't wait! :smile:

Chuggers in and around MK Station, virtually trying to rugby tackle people. That's really a way to make me want to put my hand in my pocket... :nope:

As far as I'm aware, red routes mean no stopping and no parking, so can someone please tell me why black (coloured) cabs can do just that? They are stacking from Edgware Road all the way to Paddington station and causing murders. They even block the Crossrail holding bay and apart from us drivers, no one says a word. These are the same dicks who want our sympathy because of the Uber mini cabs. Try observing the laws of the road and showing a bit of decency towards the rest of us first you bunch of mugs.

As far as I'm aware, red routes mean no stopping and no parking, so can someone please tell me why black (coloured) cabs can do just that? They are stacking from Edgware Road all the way to Paddington station and causing murders. They even block the Crossrail holding bay and apart from us drivers, no one says a word. These are the same dicks who want our sympathy because of the Uber mini cabs. Try observing the laws of the road and showing a bit of decency towards the rest of us first you bunch of mugs.
Have London Cabbies got a different set of rules to other car users? As a Southend taxi driver, I am allowed to drive with a passenger or on the way to a job without a seatbelt. I am also allowed to drop off and pick up at bus stops (as long as I don't get out of the car), and pick up and drop off on double yellow lines. I'm not sure about what London taxi drivers can do as every borough has a different set of rules and tarriffs.

Have London Cabbies got a different set of rules to other car users? As a Southend taxi driver, I am allowed to drive with a passenger or on the way to a job without a seatbelt. I am also allowed to drop off and pick up at bus stops (as long as I don't get out of the car), and pick up and drop off on double yellow lines. I'm not sure about what London taxi drivers can do as every borough has a different set of rules and tarriffs.

Any one is allowed to pick up or drop off on double yellows,

From https://www.gov.uk/government/uploa...ile/312242/the-highway-code-road-markings.pdf

Waiting restrictions indicated by yellow lines apply to the carriageway, pavement and verge. You
may stop to load or unload (unless there are also loading restrictions as described below) or while
passengers board or alight.

As far as I am concerned I pay my road tax so I'll do what I ****ing well want.

If the man has a problem with that then he'd better come heavy or not at all.

If by different rules you mean stacking on red route and junctions, stopping on pedestrian crossings and traffic lights to pick up fares, do illegal u-turns without indicating until the last second, cut in from bus lanes and expect the entire driving population of London to give way or incur a finger or serious horn blast (normally followed by another finger and if my lip reading is correct then a hearty, well you can guess) block crossrail lorry bays and get stroppy when a bloody great tipper has the sheer nerve to want to pull in/out of it, my particular favorite, just getting their back wheels out of a yellow box junction so nobody else can cross and bringing Oxford Street to a complete standstill last Wednesday which caused a knock on effect for three miles in every direction then yes, they do have different rules to every other road user, the rules they make up as they go along.

Some poor chap on the tram this morning had a severe scalp problem. It looked very inflammed and sore and was oozing pus.

However my sympathy turned to disgust when I noticed him dipping his finger in it, inspecting it, and then holding onto the hand rail.

:sick::sick::sick:

My dream job has come up.

However, it's in Seattle.

I'd love to live in Seattle and I'd love this job. The missus isn't having it though.

Someone has pinched my packet of M&S falafel from the office fridge that I was planning to eat for lunch.

I wouldn't mind but people here are neither hard up or starving.

Back