• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What have you watched on TV?

Saw the sense of an Ending again on BBC2 in the early hours.Much prefer Julian Barnes's novel but anything Jim Broadbent is in is well worth watching IMO.

Last edited:
Saw The Keeper on BBC2" in the early hours.AKA The story of Bert Troutmann https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/apr/03/the-keeper-review-bert-trautmann-german-powExcellent film .BT has of course a bit of history wih SUFC (having played at Roots Hall in 1956 en route to M.Cty's Cup Final win.The game when "the ball stuck in the mud"which I'm sure many older supporters will remember.Not me though since I was only 5 at the time. :Winking:
Bert said that Southend United were the hardest team to beat on that FA Cup run .

Last edited:
I suppose it is possible that I judge a series by how sad I am, when It comes to an end. I am devestated that 'The Great' (Channel4) is approaching its finale of the third and last season. It's brilliant, crazy, wild and zany........... completely bonkers and totally bonking.
The cast is wonderful, particularly Elle Fanning as Catherine the Great. The settings and the costumes are sumptuous..........and don't get me started on the script! It's completely mad but witty, intelligent and often hilarious. I imagine the writers and the cast must have had a whale of a time doing it. I've seen great series on TV but the last one to affect me in this way was 'Utopia.'
Attention, it's not for everyone, if you are easily offended :Smile: , don't like things which are totally irreverant :Smile::Smile:with the occasional profanity:ROFL:..........it's probably not for you! Otherwise WATCH THIS GEM!

Last edited:
Saw The Keeper on BBC2" in the early hours.AKA The story of Bert Troutmann https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/apr/03/the-keeper-review-bert-trautmann-german-powExcellent film .BT has of course a bit of history wih SUFC (having played at Roots Hall in 1956 en route to M.Cty's Cup Final win.The game when "the ball stuck in the mud"which I'm sure many older supporters will remember.Not me though since I was only 5 at the time. :Winking:
I can double up on your age at that time. I was there, my first ever game. Pedant point......It's Bert Trautmann, as written in the film!

Finished 'Kingdom of the planet of the apes' last night on Disney Plus. I'm a huge fan of the previous films and I did like this one but no where near as much as the others. Felt like a filler film or a building film ready for the next one. Overall as a huge fan I felt a little disappointed.

The ending of Psycho still scares the ****e out of me.
I remember when my late father and uncle came back from the cinema in SOS after having seen the film on its release.They didn't like it.Also remember reading Robert Bloch's wonderful novella some years later before actiually seeing the film myself.Going to Universal studios and seeing the old house on the hill was a great thrill too.

I remember when my late father and uncle came back from the cinema in SOS after having seen the film on its release.They didn't like it.Also remember reading Robert Bloch's wonderful novella some years later before actiually seeing the film myself.Going to Universal studios and seeing the old house on the hill was a great thrill too.
The Studio Tour at Universal Hollywood was my favourite attraction in the whole park, if I end up going back I'd love to do the VIP tour next time.

Love and death mini series based on a true story.

Accidentally came across it and wasn't sure but like a car crash couldn't help ourselves.

Contains some upsetting scenes

Back