• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What are you having for lunch? (rolling thread)

I usually only go there to visit the fish van from Lowestoft. He has a great selection, and today I brought some massive smoked kippers and 3 large slabs of smoked salmon. You can freeze both, but the salmon will stay OK in the fridge for a week before freezing if required.
I'm having one of the large kippers tomorrow, and a portion of the salmon on Fri!.
It’s great to see a real pro in action.🐠🦀☺️

I usually only go there to visit the fish van from Lowestoft. He has a great selection, and today I brought some massive smoked kippers and 3 large slabs of smoked salmon. You can freeze both, but the salmon will stay OK in the fridge for a week before freezing if required.
I'm having one of the large kippers tomorrow, and a portion of the salmon on Fri!.
Thanks for the recommendations. There is also another fishmonger in Rayleigh on Friday mornings, parked at the back of Rayleigh Lanes. Think he is popular as seems to have mostly sold out by late morning.

3 grilled sizzling sausages in 1/2 a Tiger baguette, with a good portion of warm sauerkraut & Colemans mustard. Delicious!.
Now relaxing for an hour, before embarking on my ( 55mins ) walk to Roots Hall along Prittle Brook from Leigh.
That's going at a fair old pace T. Do you start at Eastwood Road, or a bit further on. I used to love walking along the brook as a youngster. Then sometimes on a Sunday after dinner, me and the whole Wakeling family would walk from their house in Manchester Drive to the Jones Memorial ground. It had the biggest slide in Essex at the time. That, a game of football, and a picnic. Happy days when you're a kid. Then walk home along the brook again. We also had to pick wild mushrooms on the walk, for their dad Eddie.

That's going at a fair old pace T. Do you start at Eastwood Road, or a bit further on. I used to love walking along the brook as a youngster. Then sometimes on a Sunday after dinner, me and the whole Wakeling family would walk from their house in Manchester Drive to the Jones Memorial ground. It had the biggest slide in Essex at the time. That, a game of football, and a picnic. Happy days when you're a kid. Then walk home along the brook again. We also had to pick wild mushrooms on the walk, for their dad Eddie.
I leave my Flat on A13 ( 200yds from Thames Drive ), walk to Westleigh School, down Eastwood rd, & join it at the bottom.
I find it a nice therapeutic walk!.

Back